Collapse

Automatic Trend Line Detection and Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoTrendH (AutoTrend with Historical Lines)

Im not sure if someone has'nt already done this, but I modified the AutoTrend indicator (now AutoTrendH) to allow historical printing of trendlines as well as added some signaling (TrendDirection, TrendLine Price, markings of where trendline was detected).
    I've written a basic demo strategy that utilizes the indicator and posted it to the strategy forum HERE

Please let me know if there are any bugs or maybe enhancements that could be added. Im considering an oscillator to show trend angle. Any other ideas?

Happy Trading: DerekPhelps

Comment

Automatic Trend Line Indicator

Is this something someone can port over to NT8? Seems as if there is way less support and way fewer indicators for NT8. I'd LOVE something like this for NT8.
      Last edited by DavidMann1987; 04-10-2018, 01:56 PM. Reason: title

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMann1987 View Post
        Automatic Trend Line Indicator

Is this something someone can port over to NT8? Seems as if there is way less support and way fewer indicators for NT8. I'd LOVE something like this for NT8.
        I never used NT7, so I'm not sure of the actual functionality but the new version NT 8.0.18.0 has a Trend lines indicator. You can specify strength, number of lines (historical) and some of the visual controls (colors, transparency, etc...)

Comment

I hope someone can help me.

I loaded this into my Ninja7 and somehow it broke something and it says it won't compile.

Please help.

- Ken Crawford
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by derekphelps View Post
            AutoTrendH (AutoTrend with Historical Lines)

Im not sure if someone has'nt already done this, but I modified the AutoTrend indicator (now AutoTrendH) to allow historical printing of trendlines as well as added some signaling (TrendDirection, TrendLine Price, markings of where trendline was detected).
            I've written a basic demo strategy that utilizes the indicator and posted it to the strategy forum HERE

Please let me know if there are any bugs or maybe enhancements that could be added. Im considering an oscillator to show trend angle. Any other ideas?

Happy Trading: DerekPhelps
            Hello, Somehow I stumbled on this old post and tried clicking on the link in post Do orders rest at the exchange, broker or on your PC? to see the sample use of the indicator with the strategy as posted by Derek. But the link isn't currently going anywhere. How may I find this ? Also, Derek if you happen to read this can you re-post again somewhere?
            Thanks!

Comment

Hello aaadetos,

Thanks for your notes.

You could consider sending a direct message to derekphelps on the forums to ask them if they could provide you with the script in question.

To direct message someone on the forums, click 'Messages' > 'Go to Message Center' > click 'Compose new' > and enter derekphelps in the field where it says 'Type user names to add additional recipients'.
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon, will do!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                2 responses
                1 like
                Last Post BarzTrading  
                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM