Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems importing indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems importing indicators

Hi.

i am trying use NinjaTrader 8 but i have the next error when i want to import an indicator: "This NinjaScript archive was made from an older, incompatible version of NinjaTrader".

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Hello moisess.toro,

Welcome to our support forum!

The error you are receiving indicates that the script you are trying to import was built for an older version of NinjaTrader.

Indicators built with NinjaTrader 7 are not compatible with NinjaTrader 8 as certain functionality has become deprecated and replaced.

You can confirm the NinjaTrader version number of a downloaded indicator by checking the Info.xml within the indicator zip file with your favorite text editor.

If you have any other questions, or would like further information on porting NinjaTrader 7 indicators to NinjaTrader 8, please let me know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by moisess.toro View Post
      Hi.

i am trying use NinjaTrader 8 but i have the next error when i want to import an indicator: "This NinjaScript archive was made from an older, incompatible version of NinjaTrader".

Can someone help me?

Thanks
      Jim is also correct, but wanted to expand on this. I've seen this message as well if a user tries to import a zip file that contains a dll and not the required files to import a ninjascript package. Eg. If a developer creates a dll and zip's it, sends it to the user and requires them to put it into the NinjaTrader8/bin/custom/ folder as a dll, but instead the user tries to import it, they will also get this message.

Just another situation where you can see it.

Comment

This Ninja script archive was made from an older, incompatible version of Ninjatrader

Originally posted by User1104 View Post
        Jim is also correct, but wanted to expand on this. I've seen this message as well if a user tries to import a zip file that contains a dll and not the required files to import a ninjascript package. Eg. If a developer creates a dll and zip's it, sends it to the user and requires them to put it into the NinjaTrader8/bin/custom/ folder as a dll, but instead the user tries to import it, they will also get this message.

Just another situation where you can see it.

Are you saying this problem can be solved if one copies the custom indicator into the specified path: NinjaTrader8/bin/custom? I'm also having the same problem importing a custom indicator.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

We generally advise to use the import and export functionality in NinjaTrader to create NinjaScript packages. This also refers to exporting DLL's and dependent assemblies. We do not typically recommend to import these indicators by manually placing them in the bin/custom folder as mistakes can cause compilation errors for the custom NinjaScript assembly.

You may confirm if a package is made for a certain version of NinjaTrader by opening the zip file and opening the Info.xml file with a text editor.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ursavent  
          Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes