Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to copy indicator (dll) files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to copy indicator (dll) files?

my friend, year ago, installed indicator (dll probably) and he wants to send me the indi to me, but he cant find the original downloaded file in his PC, nor in email.
    He seems he cant export that addon (it's renko chart type addon), and is there any standard, where the DLL files are installed in ?

i.e. i could just copy those dll files and paste in my NT folder (where??)

Hello TazoTodua,

Thanks for opening the thread.

We typically do not advise copying NinjaScripts directly from the platform folder because there can often be dependency issues, missing references, or authorization issues for protected assemblies. Because of this, I would recommend backing up the platform folder so you can easily roll back if you run into issues trying to import manually. If you can find the original package online, I would recommend importing the same way your friend has imported.

DLL's are typically imported to the NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/ folder in My Documents. DLL's will need to have a reference added in the NinjaScript Editor, so right clicking on the background of the NinjaScript Editor and selecting References can give a hint to any DLL that is included with the platform. If this NinjaScript is in a DLL that does not require Machine ID authorization, you could copy the DLL from that folder over, and then add a reference to that DLL in your NinjaScript Editor. Please make sure you only add a reference to the same DLL that the other platform has a reference for and to include associated x64 and x86 DLL's in the folder.

Also to be noted is the NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/Types folder which may contain imported custom bartypes.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post techgetgame  
    Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes