Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8: Feature Request for MarketAnalyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8: Feature Request for MarketAnalyzer

It would be great if we had the ability to import multiple columns from one indicator. The way it is now, if I have an indicator that has 5 plots I need to configure each plot separately in the MA AND (unless I'm missing something) for each row in my MA I will end up with 5 copies of the indicator running, which seems like a waste of resources...especially if the indicator in question is heavy in terms of resource utilization. It would be much cleaner if we could select an indicator and then select the specific plots from that indicator that we want to display in the MA...and have only one copy of that indicator running per row in the MA.

Hello RolloHarper,

I'm happy to submit a feature request to have an indicator added to the Market Analyzer to automatically add each plot available to the indicator as a column in the Market Analyzer.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello RolloHarper,

I've received a tracking ID for your request.

Your request to add an indicator to the Market Analyzer and have this automatically create a column for each plot is being tracked with ID #SFT-3167.

Please note, it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback. Please let me know of any other inquiries you have for the NinjaTrader Platform.

Comment

Thank you! Just to be clear, though, the request was to have the ability to import multiple columns from one instance of an indicator into the MA....not necessarily automatically import ALL of the columns to the MA. There may be cases where, for example, a particular indicator has 5 plots but you would only want to export 3 of those plots to the MA. Thanks again.

Rollo

Comment

Hello Rollo,

I'm not quite certain that I am understanding.

When you say "import multiple columns" are you referring to applying a Market Analyzer template?
          (This can contain multiple columns, if saved with multiple columns)

Are you referring to adding a column and selecting indicator as the type?

Are you wanting a new way to add an indicator that no longer uses the Columns... window and instead is some new window that prompts you for each plot available to the indicator and asks for each plot if you would like to add this as a column?

Comment

"Are you wanting a new way to add an indicator that no longer uses the Columns... window and instead is some new window that prompts you for each plot available to the indicator and asks for each plot if you would like to add this as a column?"

The above is what I am referring to. Again, the way it is now if I use "Indicator" in the MA and select 3 columns to use from a hypothetical indicator, I will end up with 3 copies of that indicator being loaded for each row in the MA. It would be great if we had the ability to select 2 or more columns to display in the MA from a specific indicator and only have one instance of that indicator being used to perform the task, rather than an instance of the indicator for each column selected.

Comment

Hello Rollo,

I have updated your request that you want to be prompted for each plot and asked if you would like that plot added as a column.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gerik
              by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              2 responses