Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Integrate TWS API with a Ninjatrader 7 Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrate TWS API with a Ninjatrader 7 Strategy

I am trying to connect to the Interactive Brokers TWS API locally on my machine, and I want to place an order from Ninjatrader 7 to the API.

I need to add references to the API in Ninjatrader, otherwise I get "The type or namespace cannot be found" when I try to compile the strategy.

Can anyone tell me which references I should be adding, and how / where to add them so I can reference classes from the API, and ultimately call methods from them?

Thank you.

Hello blunt,

Thank you for the post.

Using the TWS API through a NinjaScript is not supported. if the error message is giving you an error along the lines of

"could not find xxx.dll" you must search your C drive for that dll and add it to the references list.

NinjaTrader has already developed an API interface for TWS (That is the reason you can connect to it from the user interface). If you connected to your Interactive Brokers account through NinjaTrader you can use the supported NinjaScript methods to place orders to your Interactive Brokers account:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...er_methods.htm - All NinjaScript order methods.
    https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide - Interactive Brokers connection guide.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes