Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

The best Heiken Ashi implementation I have seen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't suppose one of you guys have coded the smoothed HA or another HA to change the original price bar or candle to the HA colour rather than plot the HA alongside the the price bar/candle. As I mentioned on this thread ( http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=6911 ) yesterday. I like the HA change of colour but not the actual candle so wanted to combine it with the original price bar/candle.

Comment

That sounds like a really good idea.

Originally posted by Hooya View Post
      I don't suppose one of you guys have coded the smoothed HA or another HA to change the original price bar or candle to the HA colour rather than plot the HA alongside the the price bar/candle. As I mentioned on this thread ( http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=6911 ) yesterday. I like the HA change of colour but not the actual candle so wanted to combine it with the original price bar/candle.

Comment

hopefully somone will code one one day.

Comment

Let's hope someone from the community takes it up - for professional custom coding you can always contact those - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

as discussed on another thread it seems that the modHA indicator is pretty much 'it' but you have to turn off shadows in the settings other wise the wicks on the candles differ. I think a setting of 10 or slightly longer makes it similar to the smoothedHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooya View Post
              hopefully somone will code one one day.
              I've decided to stop doing any more NinjaScript coding until NT7 beta is released, but made an exception for this.

Let me know if it works.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Elliott Wave,

I am new to trading and Ninja too.I have seen many great indicators being posted here in this forum but not sure if they all are applicable to Futures TRADING.
                I mostly trade in Russell2000 and was looking for some Great Indicators for Trend and Swing analysis.
                I am not sure if indicators posted in this forum should have a little description about their applicability on different markets and may also some optimized settings if applicable.

I would highly appreciate your help if you can suggest something for futures trading.

Thanks

Comment

I made a few minor changes.

-Selecting 3 for bar type, now shows both the heiken ashi and regular candles (or whatever chart type is being used).

- When viewing the standard candles, the candle outline color is now equal to the shadow color for the heiken ashi bars (makes them look better imo).

----
                  To the poster below:

I don't trade futures, but generally the market shouldn't matter.

To each his own, but a few indicators I personally like:

-This one.
                  -SuperTrend
                  -FibLines
                  -QQE
                  -ASCTrend
                  -StepMA7.1
                  -KasePeakOscillator and Permission Function (real versions, not the clones)
                  -The JurikUT package.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Elliott Wave; 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Looks great. Will run it today but on a quick look, it looks spot on. Makes my chart look much neater now:-) Hope you find it useful too.

Comment

Hi Elliott Wave,

Thanks for your reply and recommendation about the indicators.
                      I could find a couple of them in Ninja Support Forum but i am not sure where to get rest of them.
                      Secondly if HeikenAshi is applicable to Futures Markets ( Russell2000, Mini S&P)?
                      Where i can find some description about this indicator.

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried searching the forum for the indicators and google for Heiken Ashi?

Kase Statware the Jurik Tools are 3rd party add-ons by the way.

Originally posted by tradingame View Post
                        Hi Elliott Wave,

Thanks for your reply and recommendation about the indicators.
                        I could find a couple of them in Ninja Support Forum but i am not sure where to get rest of them.
                        Secondly if HeikenAshi is applicable to Futures Markets ( Russell2000, Mini S&P)?
                        Where i can find some description about this indicator.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Elliott Wave,
                          I found the rest of indicators from the forum itself and also some description about HeikenAshi on Investopedia.

Comment

Glad to hear.

Btw I found if you are viewing both the HA and regular candles with this indicator it looks much nicer with a shadow width of 1 (default is 2).

Tonight I tried using this indicator along with eASTrend1 and I find they really tend to complement each other well.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                              Glad to hear.

Btw I found if you are viewing both the HA and regular candles with this indicator it looks much nicer with a shadow width of 1 (default is 2).

Tonight I tried using this indicator along with eASTrend1 and I find they really tend to complement each other well.
                              Hi Elliott, what is this "eASTrend1" indicator you mentioned in your post. Can't seem to find any information on this in the forum.

Comment

There is a big thread on it. It might be called ASCtrend. Its based on the commercial system of the same name.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sidlercom80