Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Retracement Auto Extend

Hello

Does anybody know how to make a Fibonacci Retracement placed on a chart to automatically extend as price moves. I thought Auto scale in the Properties window does that. So, for example when I draw a fib retracement from a swing high to low, and price makes further lows the fib retracement would always extend to the lower point automatically.

Thanks!

Hello Moonview,

The 'Auto scale' setting determines if the Fibonacci Retracement is included of the scale of the chart. If set to False, it can plot lines outside the visible display.

Unfortunately this is not supported as per our Fibonacci Retracements. It does not have a setting which will automatically extend it to a lower/higher point.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With respect to fibonacci...I manually extend them as price action develops as that appears to be the nature of the platform currently - but it would be a nice feature.

I do have a problem with the fibonacci's and I am wondering if this issue is a glitch, or there is something I can do to stop this problem from happening.

I currently have Extend Lines unchecked under the Fibonacci properties. I need it this way as it is integral to the way I trade. My problem is when I close the platform and reopen it. When I do this, the platform automatically extends the Fibonacci's out so that I cannot see price on the right margin of the screen. This requires me to redraw it and it is a hassle to do this on multiple charts. I have spent many accumulated hours doing this.

Is there a way to leave the fibonacci as I drew it without the platform doing this undesired extension? It would be a big help.

Comment

Hello Jayfranklin,

Thank you for your patience.

The behavior you described would not be expected. If this is still occurring on your installation of NinjaTrader 7 please me your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin