Collapse

Renko with wicks/tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would still love to get the WickedRenkoBar in the stable NT8-version....

Best regards,
    Rainbowtrader

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbowtrader View Post
      I would still love to get the WickedRenkoBar in the stable NT8-version....

Best regards,
      Rainbowtrader
      Hi you can find WickedRenko in this link I posted on Version 8 indicators

Comment

Hi @aog076!

Thank you, but this is not the WickedRenko like the Original from NT7. Many errors in drawing the boxes. I had marked some for recognizing. The original works so, that never there is an overlapping from 2 boxes - no matter, what color. And a box is ever starting at exact the end box line/level. So its looks like a drunken style. Good is, that the wicks are in its - and I think, that they are correct. I had not proved, but I think so.

I tested its im "GER30", the same problem.

Best regards,
        Rainbowtrader

Originally posted by aog076 View Post
        Hi you can find WickedRenko in this link I posted on Version 8 indicators

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=849
        Attached Files

Comment

Compairing Wicked Renko NT7 & NT8

Hello Traders,

@aog076 asked me to describe my problem with more informations in this thread - so that all others can learn or profit from its.

Here is the screenshot with the compairing both versions of the WickedRenko: NT7 & NT8. I am using the NT7 version, because I see clear bricks/borders. If you take a view at the picture, you will recognize the difference.

And no: I am not interested to scale on a larger = bigger bricks resolution. That, what is possible in NT7, I wish in NT8.

Perhaps now you understand, why I wish only a correct transformation from the original Wicked Renko NT7 in the new version NT8.

Best regards,
          Rainbowtrader

PS1: Broker is FXCM. Data feed is FXCM. Instrument is EURUSD. Date is Friday, 26. May 2017. Brick size is 50.

PS2: No matter, what broker I used in the past: the same problem. You can validate this problem with Ninjatraderbrokerage/Continuum, too. Has nothing to do with the broker. I cant be 100 percent sure, but I am relative sure about its.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rainbowtrader; 05-28-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Hi RainbowTrader, you’re right with this appreciation

The attached NT8 chart has “break at EOD” activated. I did not see this because I always turn EOD off and I see continuous charts. With Break at EOD on, at the end of session current bar is finished and a new bar is started at next session.

At session end, NT7 WickedRenko equals open and close and draws a cross like the Picture you attached, as open=close it never draws a candle.
            With NT8 WickedRenko Chart result is overlapping between last session bar and new session first bar.

I made a modification to NT8 script to draw the same as NT7 with EOD on. See attached pintures of CL 07-17 20 WickedRenko
            If that’s ok and don’t see any difference between NT7 and NT8 I’ll post update to version 8 indicators
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi @aog076,

thanks for your work!

A question: did you proved the theme I were posting in my last post: the screenshot with the differences between NT7 and NT8 in sizing/scaling on the screen?

Best regards,
              Rainbowtrader

Comment

Hi

You mean end of session bars? I downloaded playback data to reproduce graph.

Look at the attached picture, seems the same as in NT7
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi aog076,

no, I do not. I mean the "scaling size" of the chart, from all bricks. Take a look at the picture, again. I hope, you understand, what I mean

Best regards,
                  Rainbowtrader
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Not sure but I think it's about chart settings, have you tried a bar width 3 or less?

If it's not that can you post another chart with less bricks to show differences?

Thanks

Comment

Hi aog076,

the lowest possible number I can chose is "1". But that is not less enough. My logical brain is telling: the algorythm in this NT8 version "WickedRenko" is not the same as in the NT7 version of the "WickedRenko".

So now I repeat again and perhaps one can telling me, what the problem is, that no one can convert THE ORIGINAL WICKED RENKO NT7 I were posting in a working NT8 version - with really 100,0 percent same output and optic and features and everything LIKE A PERFECT CLONE.

Best regards,
                      Rainbowtrader

Comment

Rainbowtrader,

Based on what you wrote on your side by side screenshots ...

I was having a similar problem with moving from NT7 to NT8, the candles just didnt look as sharp/clear/defined/etc

Try changing the screen resolution of your computer to something smaller and see if that helps.
                        If your native resolution is 1920 x 1080, try 1600 x 900 while running NT8, you could always change it back after you're done. Or better yet, if you have multiple monitors, set 1 to a smaller resolution and run NT on that screen.

Comment

Originally posted by aog076 View Post
                          Hi

Not sure but I think it's about chart settings, have you tried a bar width 3 or less?

If it's not that can you post another chart with less bricks to show differences?

Thanks
                          For some reason I'm not getting wicks...and there are large spaces between the bricks from left to right.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cre8able  
                          Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes