Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I export historical data from one NT7 and import to another NT7 or NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I export historical data from one NT7 and import to another NT7 or NT8?

I want to export all CL historical Tick data from an instance of NT7 and import it to another NT7 or NT8. How can I do that?

The Export seems to require selection of each contract -> Last -> Tick with dates set. However, doing that is not feasible for 50+ months.

How can I move that historicals easily to another NT7 or 8?

Hello afshinmoshrefi,

Thank you for your post.

You could use the migration tool to import your NT7 historical data to an instance of NT8 in the same computer. Here is the NinjaTrader 8 Migration Guide which details what information can be imported and what information can't.

If you want to move your data to another instance of NT7 in a separate computer. You can create a backup file that includes historical data, then transfer the file to a flash drive to restore in another computer.

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the menu item Backup...
    2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear
    3. Select the items you wish to back up
    4. Press the "Run Backup" button

To restore, transfer the backup file to the new computer you just installed NinjaTrader on and go the control center > File > Utilities > Restore > Select the backup file.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

Below I have provided a link to our NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Backing Up Settings To A Second PC YouTube video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp...140D7&index=24

If you want to move your data to another instance of NT8 in a separate computer. You would need to migrate your NT7 data to NT8 using the steps to migrate above and then you can create a backup file that includes historical data, then transfer the file to a flash drive to restore in another computer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm actually getting historical data for a specific symbol from a friend. Is there any way to export a select symbol and import it to another instance of NT7?

Comment

Hello afshinmoshrefi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm actually getting historical data for a specific symbol from a friend. Is there any way to export a select symbol and import it to another instance of NT7?
        The platform exporting data will need to have MergeBackAdjusted set as the merge policy. Then export data using the most current contract month. Selecting this option uses data from each individual expiry month across the time span of the historical data requested. Offset* values will also be used to back adjust the historical data to match the next front month.

Go to Tools->Options->Data tab->Merge policy->Set to "MergeBackAdjusted"->Click Ok.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the different Merge Policies that are available.

Here is the Help Guide on Exporting historical data.

Here is the Help Guide on Importing historical data.

Here is the Historical & Real-Time Data Help Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post philmg
        by philmg

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
        1 response