Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Indicator

The bars from the Volume Indicator that by default, extend from the left side of the chart only show bars for about 14 ticks spread above and below the current price action. How does one get the volume bars displayed for the entire range of ticks displayed on a chart?

Dolfan

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your post.

I'm unsure which NinjaTrader volume indicator you are referring to. Can you provide further information or perhaps a screenshot?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The lines are very skinny here due to the price gaps captured by the bollinger indicator but there are 14 of them in there. I would like to see them displayed for all ticks up and down the chart for past trading sessions. Let me know if this is not clear enough.

Dolfan

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Upon further review, I am seeing as many as 21 bars now, but they are taking forever to populate.

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

For the volume profile indicator, it will only show profile data from the moment the chart is connected to live data. If you refresh or change the chart the profile will start over at that moment.

If your data provider support historical tick data, you can enable tick replay for the data series and then it will provide a volume profile from the beginning of the session.

To enable tick replay for the platfdorm, go to Tools>Options, then select Market data, in market data select, "Show Tick Replay" and click OK. This need only be done once for the platform. Now, on the chart right mouse click and select "data series.." In the data series you should now see and be able to check a "tick replay" check box. Once enabled for the chart realtime indicators like VolumeProfile will display all the data. If you scroll back to a previous session, then you will see the profile for that session. You can only view one session/profile at a time.

Comment

Received this error notification.

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

That error message by itself does not provide sufficient information to assist.

Please send your log and trace files into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail Atten: Paul.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your e-mail so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
              Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I don't have compression software on my PC. Should I send the latest files from each folder? Note that the latest Trace file is 1:05 PM but the latest Log file is 12:04 PM. I don't think the log file will include the error.

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can send the last two of each that would be helpful. They should be named to show the year-month-day and then the sequence number so if you can get matched ones that would be perfect.

Comment

I removed all other indicators and this appeared. https://www.screencast.com/t/LQujrSajp Think it is a memory issue? Also, I know you said that I can only view one session at a time but is there any way around that? Any way I can stack them or is there an optimal way of viewing?

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

I would prefer to review your log and trace files to make better advise what the issue may be.

The Volume profile indicator is limited to one session view.

If you would like multi session view then you can download the Dvaluearea indicator which can provide that information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=837

Comment

I'll take a look at that. One other question, with other volume indicators that appear in a new panel below, you can see what the volume count is by a ladder on the side. Is there a way to measure the volume per tick as indicated by the Volume Profile Indicator?

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for your reply.

The volume profile indicator does not provide a scale to measure values of the profile.

Comment

Thanks Paul. You've been very helpful.

Dolfan

Comment

Paul,

I asked the author about instructions for the multiple settings on this indicator. I finally received a reply and he said they were there for Ninja6 but has since been purged by Ninja. Any chance we can get the instructions from that original version? There are a lot of settings that I believe need to be explained. Thanks!

Dolfan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kaledus
                              by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                              1 response