Fixed Points Scale on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Points Scale on charts

Currently when one changes to scale to Fixed by clicking/moving on price axis the Fixed scale has a specific price range as found by right clicking on price axis and clicking properties. I have an enhancement request: it would be nice for NT to allow (as an option) Fixed points as a true range e.g. a 4 point range (say on ES chart) instead currently where it automatically fixes the Maximum and Minimum to specific values and one has to then drag and move the price axis to get the current price in view. So this way the chart always displays (in this example) 4 point ES range around the current price and one does not need to move the chart axis manually. thanks.

Hello

Thank you for your post.

One of the things some users do is to apply the ConstantLines indicator with their user-defined presets (to establish their intraday range) and also set their horizontal grid lines to their own custom configuration. You can perform the later item by right-clicking on the vertical price scale & locating the horizontal grid line setting.

If this does not accomplish what you are looking for then please provide a more detailed scenario or preferably a screenshot that would help us to better understand what you are looking to do.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I dont think that will do it. Basically I would like ability in Ninja charting to display only 4 points if I set the Fixed Range to 4 Points range for price axis. So if someone sets Fixed Range to 8 points then the chart will always display a range of 8 points on the y-axis. So like a moving window, chart will always display the exactly only the fixed points on the y-axis that the user has set the Fixed Range to. Obviously if the price falls below or goes above this window then 4 or 8 or whatever the fixed range is set to, the price axis range will be moved along with the current price automatically by NT.

Comment

Hello

To fix the range of a chart in NinjaTrader 7, navigate to the y-axis (price scale), right-click and select Properties.

From this edit dialog you can configure a fixed price scale/range.

You will want to review the section named “Understanding panels” at the following resource link:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know that. That is where I have a request to enhancement. Currently when you select Range as "Fixed" the Maximum and Minimum is absolute values that is specified. So instead of having to specify Maximum and Minimum values as absolute, I would like to be able to input the difference between the two in price points (as another option). So instead of ninja saying Maximum of 1304 to 1300 say, being able to specify 4 points and that is then kept as constant as price moves up and down.

Comment

Hello warrior,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've submitted this enhancement request to development who have assigned it number 871 in our internal tracking system. Thanks again for taking the time to write in with your feedback!
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VerticalScrollExperimental

@Warrior,

I am trying to do similar thing...and some what got working..but not fully.
              try this script (NT7)...change some numerical values as per ur instrument abosolute value..its better responce is in new panel rather price panel.( see vids).
              Suggest if u found something usefull more.

Attached Files
              Devdas
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Devdas

Comment

Originally posted by warrior View Post
                I know that. That is where I have a request to enhancement. Currently when you select Range as "Fixed" the Maximum and Minimum is absolute values that is specified. So instead of having to specify Maximum and Minimum values as absolute, I would like to be able to input the difference between the two in price points (as another option). So instead of ninja saying Maximum of 1304 to 1300 say, being able to specify 4 points and that is then kept as constant as price moves up and down.
                I wanna be able to do exactly the same as warrior. Since this was posted a while ago, are there any development in this area? It's very basic and important imo to be able to set a range centered around current price, really surprised that you can't do it in Ninja.

Comment

Could somebody answer if this still is not possible or if there is a way to create a fixed range that follows the current price?
                  regards

Comment

Code:
                    try{
                    //Make a fixed scale on y-axis, then drag up or down until chart center's itself, then it will stay fixed like the DOM
                    	double close = Bars.GetClose(LastBarIndexPainted);
                    	if(close > chartControl.FixedPanelMaxRight - 8*TickSize || chartControl.FixedPanelMinRight+ 8*TickSize > close) 
                    	{
                    		double diff = chartControl.Height/2/17*TickSize;
                    		max = close + diff;
                    		min = close - diff;

chartControl.FixedPanelMaxRight = max;
                    	chartControl.FixedPanelMinRight = min;
                    	}
                    } catch(Exception ex){
                    }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse