PFGBest 64 Bit Data Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFGBest 64 Bit Data Connector

I recently wrote to PFGBest complaining about the lack of a 64 bit data connector. I was sent this response, which I don't understand. If you could explain it to me, I would be appreciative:

I have spoken with some people here to see if there is an estimated time for this, and they said that Ninja Trader is writing directly into PFG, so they will eventually do away with the API. This will make it 64 bit compatible. They said that since Ninja Trader is writing into us, we do not have a time frame over here, that would be entirely up to Ninja Trader. You may want to ask their support for the update on this. If you need anything further, please feel free contact us.

Hi,

I think it means that NT is writing 64bit adapter and it's NT bussiness entirely. Last week or so I wrote to PFG too asking for update on 64 bit adapter. Answer I got was this:

Ninja Trader is currently in the process of writing directly in to our API which would not require the separate installation of the API on your computer and the ability to utilize the 64-bit capabilities. We do not have an estimated time as to when this will be available as it is still being programmed. I would anticipate this will be available within the next few months. Thank you.
    Basically question should be asked to NT now - when can we expect 64bit adapter to PFG?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the posts and interest on the subject.

I have spoken to development on this and there is unfortunately no ETA we could provide on when or if this will be completed and added into NinjaTrader. There are so many moving parts that I'm simply unable to provide this.

We have sent a note to PFG support letting them know this so they do not reference a possible time frame when they mention this to customers moving forward.

Thank you and have a great rest of the day.

Comment

Any update on 64-bit implementation for NT?

Running optimizations in NT are hideously painful on the 32-bit version. Usually they just end up crashing the machine resulting in data loss. Epic fail.

Comment

Hello RDPos,

There is not an update for 64-bit. Please see my reply to the previous thread regarding backtesting:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
          1 response
          0 likes