Trend Slider moving automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Slider moving automatically

This is more like a suggestion, as I wasn't able to find a way to achieve this condition by myself or anywhere in the forums.

But, is it possible to make the Trend bar auto-move itself randomly?

If it isn't, then you guys should consider implementing this feature.. It would be extremely useful to *really* simulate market conditions. If I can't disable the Trend bar, I will always know beforehand the market direction thus I will never fail my strategies. If I can make the Trend bar go random, I will definitely be able to practice in a true random environment.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is not currently available however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #2864 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by zibaus View Post
        This is more like a suggestion, as I wasn't able to find a way to achieve this condition by myself or anywhere in the forums.

But, is it possible to make the Trend bar auto-move itself randomly?

If it isn't, then you guys should consider implementing this feature.. It would be extremely useful to *really* simulate market conditions. If I can't disable the Trend bar, I will always know beforehand the market direction thus I will never fail my strategies. If I can make the Trend bar go random, I will definitely be able to practice in a true random environment.
        What is random? It might end up 50/50 distribution and be stuck at one bar forever. How would it skew one side up 10 points then back the other way? How would it go up on a 500 point bull run in random mode?

I'm pretty sure the intent of the slider is to test your strategy crossover conditions in a more controlled environment that you might not experience easily in a real market.

There is always market replay for final testing of strategies.

Comment

Sorry for not being specific enough while describing my idea. I was thinking something not entirely random (heavily consolidated environment, up and down forever) but something more like the real market, one algorithm capable of, example:

* sticking into a bullish trend for a while, up and down in-between and then changing to bear after a good reasonable amount of time.

* sticking into a bear trend for lets say 2 or 3 hours then up and down for half and hour and resuming bear trend...

* bullish all the way, bearish before market closes.

Some sort of AI could simulate market behaviour based on real market movements of any given symbols/indexes.

Yeah, Market Replay makes it all easy whenever it is available, there are some symbols on foreign markets I can't get free intraday data to simulate on, but I like the idea, I will try and download the ones I can to simulate strategies on them anyway. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Hi All

I've just chanced upon this thread and I think zibaus's idea is a seriously cool one. I just want to add my vote.

It might just squeeze into NinjaTrader 9 but it's worthy of serious consideration.

Thanks, zibaus.

Comment

Thank you for your vote and I have forwarded the additional request to our development team.

Have a great day and Happy Trading!

Comment

Thanks, Christopher.

I'm planning on using Ninja in automated trading for the first time within the next few weeks.

All the great help you and your colleagues have given me will not have been wasted - I hope!

Have a great day yourself.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                6 responses
                2 likes
                Last Post ultls
                by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                0 responses