Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Graphics on IW chart

Hi there,

I am using the DTS Indicator system from http://indicatorwarehouse.com/ .

My graphics seemed to be really delayed, particularly for markets like the DAX when they move quickly. I know it can't be a data issue as I hear the audio alerts but see no "new bars" on my screen until a second or two later. All of a sudden thereafter I have 5 bars or so simultaneously appear on my screen. This is only when the market moves quickly.

Could anyone suggest as to what I should try and investigate to resolve this latency issue? On first thought I blamed my graphics card... but how could this be as these graphics are not intensive and I don't experience latency in other Windows 7 program.

Thanks in advance

Hello michellepace,

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have multiple charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators/strategies can be important. If set to False, the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If set to True, the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

I only have one workspace open, and with 4 charts - each chart has 2 indicators. I have done the following in effort to improve performance:

(1) Ctrl-I For all 8 indicators I attempted to set "Calculate on Bars Closed" = true. However, only 4 of these retained this value - the other 4 automatically reverted back to false.

(2) Ctrl-F have dropped "Days To Load" from 20 down to 10 for each chart

Hopefully that will be enough, if not I'll drop 10 down further. Thanks once again.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I suspect those 4 indicators are programmed that way so they can only use 'Calculate on bar close' set to False.

Let me know if the issue still persist after these modifications and tell what value you have entered for 'Display update interval (sec)' in the chart properties menu (right click chart and select Properties).

Comment

I had to set Calculate on bar close back to FALSE for all indicators else eSignal prices on my chart were severely delayed compared to Interactive Brokers.

Display update interval (sec) is set to 0.5... is that value ok for performance or is it a bit low?

I'll need to wait until the market starts moving again before I can tell if this fine tuning has any positive impact. Thanks Jason.

Comment

The 'Display update interval' value is fine, please leave it as is.

Sounds good, please let me know the outcome.

Comment

Hi Jason, I'm afraid there is no improvement at all. It is exactly the same as before tweaking. Is there anything else you can think of?

Comment

Hello michellepace,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Delayed Graphics on IW chart' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Ok, done

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post nandhumca  
                  Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM