Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Replay on Renko Chart

Hello Support,

Can I know why I can't have tick reply on Renko chart?

The reason I asked because I will like to have order flow on Renko chart.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Simjs

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the forums..

Due to the nature of how some unique bars build, Tick Replay is NOT available for all bar types. For example, the default Renko and LineBreak bars which use RemoveLastBar() are not compatible with Tick Replay. Other custom bar types which use similar methods encounter the same limitation.

For more information about developing for Tick Replay, please take a look at this help guide link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ick_replay.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Macro,

Thank you for the reply. I don’t know why ninjatrader has this limitation but Without tick replay in ninjatrader, I can’t have historical bid/ask refill which mean the chart type can’t be use for orderflow. Investor RT can do this easily without limitation.

Thanks.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Data providers who have a 'Yes' checkmarked in the 'Bid/Ask Stamped Tick Data' column in the link below should provide the data that NinjaTrader's Order Flow+ tools need to work historically without the need to use tick replay.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument are you charting? For example, ES 09-18, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

When you say 'Order Flow', are you referring to the Order Flow+ suite provided to NinjaTrader lifetime license key holders? Or are you referring to a third-party order flow tool?

If the former, which Order Flow+ tool specifically are you referring to not working historically without Tick Replay?

If the latter, what is the name of the developer?

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I am using Ninjatrader 8.0.14.1 64bits and my data provider is IQFeed.

My instrument is ES 09-18

I don't know about Order Flow+ suite provided to NinjaTrader and not using it.

But I purchased many 3rd part order flow footPrint indicators. I never saw any of this indicator works without tick reply.

ACME is one of them and I have few others ....like volumeladder..etc

Thanks.

Comment

You're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
            • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            • Enter your license key and press Submit
            • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
            • Select 'Download'
            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Unfortunately there is no work-around for the built-in Renko bars.The system bar types "Line Break" and "Renko" cannot be used with Tick Replay and as a result, the Tick Replay option will be disabled when configured with those bar types.

There may be other 3rd party bar types which may also disable Tick Replay by design. If you are a developer (if not, contact the developer with this information), please see the property IsRemoveLastBarSupported for more information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post drewski1980  
            Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rdtdale