Data currently SEVEN minutes behind during this drop in ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data currently SEVEN minutes behind during this drop in ES

Using NinjaTrader 7 with Kinetick LIVE & NinjaTrader Continuum...and my tick data is currently 7 minutes behind at 11:28 ET (latest tick showing 11:21)...

What's the deal? Why pay a premium price for data when either the feed or the software can't handle fast situations as is going on right now...I could get this or better using TDAmeritrade with no extra data fees....lol
    Last edited by Mike0405; 12-01-2017, 10:40 AM.

Now I'm almost 10 minutes behind...this is ridiculous...I've restarted NT...no help...data still WAY behind, making this whole run completely untradable....thanks

Comment

Same problem here. Completely unusable.

Comment

Hello Mike0405,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 prioritizes your data based on the connection order. Since you are using both Kinetick and NinjaTrader Continuum, I first suggest that neither of these connections be set to "Connect on startup." These settings can be changed by clicking Tools>Account connections, then select your configured NT Continuum and Kinetick connections and making sure "Connect on startup" is unchecked for both.

If you're using Kinetick for your live data, connect to Kinetick first, and then NinjaTrader Continuum second. As long as you're enabled with real time data for the instrument in question, your chart should update in real time.

Please let me know if your issues persist.

Comment

Now all of a sudden it seems to have caught up...but the chart looks odd at the point of catch up (there is a gap on my 5 minute chart that doesn't look right).

What has caused this? Is it me? Or is it something else?

Comment

Hello, and thank you all for your replies.

As it turns out, we are experiencing both an issue with NinjaTrader's historical data servers, and with Kinetick data being delayed although it should be real-time data.

We are looking into both issues and they are both extremely high priority for us. We anticipate to have these resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Micah -- My guess is that the problem has to do with the fact that we are getting an unfiltered tick-by-tick feed from Kinetick which NT has to process. On a big move like this you have a huge amount of tick data which probably is too much for your servers or NT to handle. Is there a way to switch to snapshot data, like what Interactive Brokers uses? Less accurate, but probably more reliable.

Comment

Kinetick real time data delay resolved on one site, the other is nearly caught up. Please disconnect/reconnect to check.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
                  Hello Mike0405,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 prioritizes your data based on the connection order. Since you are using both Kinetick and NinjaTrader Continuum, I first suggest that neither of these connections be set to "Connect on startup." These settings can be changed by clicking Tools>Account connections, then select your configured NT Continuum and Kinetick connections and making sure "Connect on startup" is unchecked for both.

If you're using Kinetick for your live data, connect to Kinetick first, and then NinjaTrader Continuum second. As long as you're enabled with real time data for the instrument in question, your chart should update in real time.

Please let me know if your issues persist.
                  I do connect to Kinetick first...and then to Continuum. My data has been running smoothly for months...until this big drop hit in the last 30 minutes or so...then it got WAY behind.

Like I said, it just all of a sudden caught up in the last couple of minutes.

I should explain that my tick data in T&S box was way behind...and thus my chart was way behind...but my DOM was displaying the correct price and updating in real time.

Am I doing something wrong? This is how I have always had it setup and until this big drop, never noticed my 5 minute chart and my T&S ticks this far behind.

Under Account Connections I have NinjaTrader Continuum set as the backup datafeed connection under my Kinetick settings.

For my Default Live Account, I am using NinjaTrader Continuum with no backup datafeed connection listed and Historical Data ENABLED.

Is this an unorthodox way of using NT7? Maybe I haven't had this set up correctly since the beginning?

Please let me know if this all looks OK to you...

And after disconnecting and reconnecting, I am AGAIN about 4-5 minutes behind on the T&S box and also on my 5 minute ES chart...but showing realtime on the DOM....
                  Last edited by Mike0405; 12-01-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

The historical data server issue concerning NinjaTrader Continuum has been resolved. Please close and relaunch NinjaTrader to reconnect to a working historical data server.

We are working closely with Kinetick regarding their issue with delayed data which should be in real-time.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

All seems back to normal now for the time being after I yet again disconnected and reconnected...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
                        Hello, and thank you for your reply.

The historical data server issue concerning NinjaTrader Continuum has been resolved. Please close and relaunch NinjaTrader to reconnect to a working historical data server.

We are working closely with Kinetick regarding their issue with delayed data which should be in real-time.

Thank you for your patience.
                        Can you check out what I wrote in reply #9 and let me know if the way I have it setup sounds OK to you? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Mike0405,

Thank you for your reply. Currently Kinetick is still experiencing a delayed data issue, which explains the lag you're experiencing in your T&S window.

Likely your SuperDOM window is pulling data from your backup NinjaTrader Continuum data feed, and your T&S is pulling delayed data from your Kinetick connection.

It sounds like your configuration is set up properly, so once Kinetick's delayed data issue is resolved, all should be back to normal on your platform. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Comment

This Thread saved NT support time as I won't ask my question about Data through Dorman Trading. I thought I had problems, but jeez, nothing like experienced with Kinetick. Was considering using them in Jan. but I don't think so.

I'll just be happy with what I have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Sparkyboy  
                            Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                            21 responses