CBOE Bitcoin futures (GXBT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBOE Bitcoin futures (GXBT)

How can I add CBOE Bitcoin Futures to NT?
    I have NT7, data feed is Kinetick/IQFeed, and trading is through IB.
    I can see the futures contract in IB, but I'm not able to add the instrument in NT Instrument manager, or in a chart, GXBT is not recongnized.

Hello mic414,

Please make sure you have the latest version installed (7.0.1000.37) and then reset the instruments and you will have the XBT futures present in the Instrument Manager.

You can check the NinjaTrader version at Control Center-->Help-->About. If you do not have the latest version, you can download and install it from the link below.

Instruments can be reset at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. Make sure you are not connected to any broker/data feed.

To load historical data in the XBT 01-18 chart, please set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge for now. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the XBT in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Set 'Merge policy' to DoNotPlot and click OK. Remove and re-add the XBT 01-18 to your instrument list for the change to take effect. Instructions can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I changed to the latest version, when I select XBT 01-18, I get an error that No security definition has been found. As mic414 mentioned, the symbol in IB is GXBT. Do I need to edit XBT in the instrument list and change it to GXBT?

Comment

Hello ClimberMel,

It does not have a symbol map for Interactive Brokers by default in NinjaTrader 7. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the XBT in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and enter XBT as symbol map in the Interactive Brokers row. I have been informed the symbol map for Interactive Brokers should be XBT.

Once you added the symbol map, please remove and re-add the XBT 01-18 to your instrument list for the change to take effect. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Click OK in the Instrument Manager and check if you load data without error.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Instrument Details

Hi Jason

Could you please share the full instrument settings for GXBT future so I can manually set it up?

Instruments can be reset at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. Make sure you are not connected to any broker/data feed.
          I have installed NT 7...037 version. Will all my instruments be lost when I reset the instruments? That is why I may prefer to manually add this future symbol.

Thanks
          whotookmynickname

Comment

We've actually just pushed out a new NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.37 installer on the website which includes fixed rollover dates for XBT and also includes Interactive Brokers mapping.

I would suggest following these steps to ensure you receive these changes (this will not affect your custom NinjaTrader settings or files):
            • Close all running applications.
            • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
            • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:
            • http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

After performing the above basic uninstall and reinstall, please reset your instruments. Resetting your instruments will do the following:
            • User added instruments will not be affected
            • Ensure all built-in instruments are up-to-date
            • Any changes made to the original instrument settings will be reset

Here are the steps to reset your instruments:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

If that mapping still does not pull historical and real-time data from Interactive Brokers after following these steps, please reply here so we can try a different mapping.

Comment

I did all of that. The XBT instrument is in the listI also added the Interactive Brokers symbol mapping (XBT) as mentioned in another thread. However, I cannot chart it. I do see realtime prices in IB's TWS though. So I think the error lies in the exchange or IB symbol mapping

"No security definition has been found for the request (200)

Comment

Please clarify - you see real-time and not delayed data for XBT in TWS? This is indicated by the color of the dot when viewing the instrument in a watch list. Yellow indicates delayed and green indicates real-time.

If the data is delayed, please contact Interactive Brokers so that you may be enabled for real-time data for XBT.

If you've confirmed that your XBT data is real-time, please follow these steps to change the symbol mapping for XBT:
                • Disconnect from all data feeds
                • Tools > Instruments
                • Locate and select 'XBT' > Edit
                • Scroll down to the mapping section of the instrument properties window
                • Find 'Interactive Brokers' (it should say 'XBT')
                • Change this to 'GXBT' > OK > Close
                • Reconnect to Interactive Brokers and try to chart XBT

Comment

Hi Patrick

I confirm I see real-time prices in TWS.
                  I did all as described, it did not work. Any other IB TWS users having the same problems?
                  Still the same error message.

whotookmynickname

Comment

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so I may further troubleshoot.

Please make sure to include a link to this forum thread and 'ATTN Patrick G' in subject or body of your email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Board game geek  
                    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby