Windows 10 system adjustments....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 system adjustments....

Windows does so many system maintenance functions that limit the speed and processing power of Ninja.

Turning off Windows Search is one recommended solution.

Are there other tweaks?

I noticed that the standard (most 3rd party packages clone off of this..) MS Malware and Viral protective services are just as active and top CPU user as the Ninjatrader app, based on visual observation ot the "Task Manager"

Is there a means to isolate the Ninja processes, application, files / directories so that they do not trigger the same overhead as the excessive usage that Windows Search does?

Perhaps this topic was discussed earlier and you could hyper-link that discussion too.

thanks

Originally posted by kronie View Post
    Windows does so many system maintenance functions that limit the speed and processing power of Ninja.

Turning off Windows Search is one recommended solution.

Are there other tweaks?

I noticed that the standard (most 3rd party packages clone off of this..) MS Malware and Viral protective services are just as active and top CPU user as the Ninjatrader app, based on visual observation ot the "Task Manager"

Is there a means to isolate the Ninja processes, application, files / directories so that they do not trigger the same overhead as the excessive usage that Windows Search does?

Perhaps this topic was discussed earlier and you could hyper-link that discussion too.

thanks
    Kronie, Hi.

If you are running any malware and viral protective services such as AVG, you can exempt in their setups any folder you wish such as NinjaTrader folders from that service.

Comment

We do not have any official resource for Windows 10 performance tweaks with the end goal of improving NinjaTrader performance, but I encourage other users to chime in as to what Windows settings could be adjusted that may help.

Additionally, here are some performance tweaks you may use within NinjaTrader to improve performance:

Comment

yeah, after I posted this, the forum showed similar topics, and reviewing some of them lead me to that same link and page.

I went through each one, and already had those applied from some time ago.

The basic MicroSoft AntiViral and AntiMalware doesn't seem to have the ability to isolate a folder, directory or program tree...

If someone has then please show the way....

thanks....

Comment

Yeah. I don't think you are going to have good luck turning them off.

I show .3% for antimalware running. Are you seeing something different?

Do you have a dual core machine perhaps with no multi threading and 4 gigs of ram? Or is it worse than that? What are your system specs?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses
          0 likes