Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarms and Drawing Tools

Hello everybody,

I’ve been using NinjaTrader for a trial for a couple of weeks now and I attended some of your workshops and studied the help guide. I find your platform to be a really powerful tool with a lot of flexibility thanks to the script.

Therefore I can’t really understand why such a very basic thing like a trend channel drawing tool is missing. Even worse, your alarm setting is really poor. I just can’t imagine that it should be so difficult for your developers to integrate a basic drawing tool and a decent alarm setting solution. Why shouldn’t it be possible to draw a simple line, a channel or even some indicators and set an alarm in case the price crosses a line, indicator etc. or they cross each other?

Please don’t answer me, that I can do this myself via some scripts. First of all, this is so basic, it should be implemented and concerns any user and second, I can’t, I’m not a developer and I don’t want to develop, I want to trade.

You are known to be a company, that’s responsive to customer suggestions and I see, that you’ve done a lot of things lately. But the alarm issue in particular has come up for at least two years now in your forum (as far as I’ve seen) and obviously nothing happened.

In your workshops you ask traders to recommend your platform and I gladly can. But how can I explain to somebody, that they can’t draw a channel or that they have to either watch a chart all the time or calculate some alarms to write them into a table?

If you need any inspiration…
    Attached Files

Suggestions and Feedback

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I will forward them to development and have them add this to our future enhancement list.

Comment

I agree that both of these are sorely needed.

Of course, y'all already know how I feel about the missing DrawChannel() tool... I'll just keep reminding you, just in case...

Comment

I'll second this one too. I love the software so far, but this feature is desperately needed. Especially if it could be set up to the point that you could draw the trend line or channel, close the chart, and never have to worry about that contract again until the program alerts you that the trend has been broken.

Comment

I will second that too!!

I know many people who also feel the same way. I think you guys are doing a fantastic job. However, I think ninjatrader really does need the tools mentioned at the beginning of this thread. To be able to add a line and set an alarm it if crosses would be invaluable. thanks for listening

Comment

I should also add....

Forgot to mention. Maybe upgrade your market analyzer window. right now you can set alarms but you cant set it for specific instruments. Why not make that window so you can set the alarms individually for each instrument as well as a line on the chart that can have an alarm set. I think thats what he said in the first post, cant see it right now, but I agree these things need to be done.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. We will add them to the list.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trend line break request

Originally posted by ryanmohr View Post
                feature .... to .... draw the trend line or channel, .... and .... the program alerts you that the trend has been broken.
                This enhancement / feature would be great. Or even better if NT was able to enter the trade automatically !

I know we already have the great AutoTrend Line cross indicator in the toolbox. However being able to simply draw the trend line or channel on a chart and have NT open a position if price closes on the other side of the line would be a great adjunct to Chart Trader.

In fact if I was to rate this feature it would be my second most desirable enhancement ! (Second only to the ability to trade options that is !)

Thanks guys - keep up the good work.
                Last edited by Aussie2; 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I am relatively new to Ninja and was looking for a way to set an alarm based on a trend or support/resistance break. I was able to find this post last updated in 2008. Has there been any developments here?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

There is a "PriceAlert" indicator in NinjaTrader 7 whic will issue an alert once price crosses a user defined price level.

There are also some indicators you can download from our forum that will alert you when certain manually drawn lines have been crossed:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Awesome. It works perfectly! Thanks.

It would be a nice addition for NT 8 to have that built-in and perhaps the option to send a text and/or email.

Comment

The alerting in NinjaTrader 8 has been completely rehauled and will natively allow you to build alerts based on chart objects, such as existing drawing tools and indicators. You will have the option to have alerts display custom messages, send emails, share to Twitter/Facebook or other social media outlets, display a dialog, or even automatically prepare and execute an order if you wish. You can read more about these enhancements on the following document:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Caro Matthew,
                          boa tarde! Estou querendo usar o Ninja Trader, mas preciso de alertas em níveis de Fibonacci, você tem como posso fazer isto? não encontrei em Ninja Trader 7.
                          Atenciosamente,
                          Leonardo

Comment

Hello Leonardo Pereira Magalhãe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!
                            Dear Matthew ,
                            good afternoon ! I am wanting to use Ninja Trader , but I need alerts Fibonacci levels , you have how can I do this ? not found in Ninja Trader 7 .
                            Regards ,
                            Leonardo
                            You can use the LineAlert indicator to set the levels to alert at and base those off of the Fibonacci Levels you have drawn.

For information on working with drawing tools such as fibonacci, please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._tools__ob.htm

For information on working with indicators please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Caro Patrick,
                              você teria outra opção, pois, este alerta não atende.
                              Atenciosamente,
                              Leonardo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
                              Started by navyguy06, Today, 09:28 AM
                              1 response