Automated Trading and ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Trading and ATM

I have an ATM strategy that I would like to combine with an automated trading method. Is there a way to assign the ATM strategy I have to the profit/stop strategy in the automated strategy wizard?

If not, is there a way to have the autotrader reverse positions when the target and/or stop is hit. This is one of the components of the ATM strategy and I might be able to still make it work if I can do this. I cannot see in the wizard an option to reverse positions.

Hello firetrader,

While it is not possible to use ATM Strategies with the Strategy Wizard (though this can be used if you unlock the code), you can call an Entry call at a specified price to reverse the position instead of using a stop loss.

Calling EnterLong() while in a short position will cause 2 orders to be submitted to reverse your position. The first order will exit the short position. The second order will enter the Long position. This is done automatically and does not require and exit (adding an exit will cause the position to become double in the opposite direction).

Attached is an example.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM