AutoTrader for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergey,

Best person to ask would probably be the original author of that strategy.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Snap or who knows,

prompt please why can not occur Stop and Reverse at work of strategy WCCI_AT? In parameters it is specified Stop and Reverse - True. What can influence it?
      And if there will be a possibility to switch on stop and reverse, whether that it is possible to adjust it so that it happened and on profitable positions?
      Last edited by Sergey; 02-19-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Range Alt Woodies CCI

HI, I am new. I already have ninja downloaded and had been using it but now i want to incorporate Woodies into the indicators with Range Alt.

Back in 2007 i found a post but don't quick understand it.

Please help.

SuetWan

Comment

SuetWan,

You can open up the chart type you want and add the indicator onto the chart following that. It will plot however it can. However, I am not a Woodies CCI expert and would not know if the signals and such are still meaningful on a range chart.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by suetwan View Post
            HI, I am new. I already have ninja downloaded and had been using it but now i want to incorporate Woodies into the indicators with Range Alt.

Back in 2007 i found a post but don't quick understand it.

Please help.

SuetWan
            suetwan,

The RangeAlt Bar program is not built-in...you'll have to download it and apply it to a chart.

Download the RangeAlt program from this link and save it to your desktop.

Then in NT Control Center hit File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript > navigate to your desktop and double click on the file you saved...it goes into a Tmp folder in NT, so you won't see it on the Indicators list...you only need to do this once.

Now, open a Chart > right-click > Format Data Series > in the window, under Interval Settings/bars, hit the drop down menu and you should see RangeAlt...fill in the rest like you want and hit OK.

hope this helps,

-marvel

Comment

The AT was and still is an early Beta version

I have stopped supporting the Woodies apps I have posted here on NT. Sadly, I was never able to make Woodies system profitable for me. That is not to say it is not a viable system. I just could never make it work for me.

The AT was posted as an early beta version in the hopes an enterprising individual would pick it up and further develop it. If it is buggy, that is the reason.

The pattern recognition indicator, however, has been fully functional for some time and gives pretty dog gone excellent and accurate signals. I am sure there are enhancements that could be made to it, though. Make a side by side comparison for yourself.

All of my apps I place in the public domain.

Snap

Comment

Snap,

whether correctly I understand, that in beta version AT reverse function is not realized. And without additional completion does not work?

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
                  I have stopped supporting the Woodies apps I have posted here on NT. Sadly, I was never able to make Woodies system profitable for me. That is not to say it is not a viable system. I just could never make it work for me.

The AT was posted as an early beta version in the hopes an enterprising individual would pick it up and further develop it. If it is buggy, that is the reason.

The pattern recognition indicator, however, has been fully functional for some time and gives pretty dog gone excellent and accurate signals. I am sure there are enhancements that could be made to it, though. Make a side by side comparison for yourself.

All of my apps I place in the public domain.

Snap

Snap,

I've been using your AutoTrader for months now to evaluate dozens of cci strategies in real-time in Sim mode. I was able to evaluate many combinations of variables: Targets, Hard Stops, Trailing Stops, BE+, AIAO, Trade only certain cci patterns, Long/Short Strategy, etc, etc.

After all this testing (and in my previous experience with cci) I too have not found a profitable strategy. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the market itself...there has been little follow-through on trades, probably making it difficult for many day-trading systems, not just cci.

The upside is that the AT allowed me to do all this testing and reach a conclusion without having to spend a fortune.

Your AT is outstanding right now and a great contribution that can help many traders.

-marvel

Comment

Backtest

Hi

Is there a way to backtest this strategy to determine which ATM strategy might be working best over say, the last 3 months?

Also, is there a way to filter the trades if i wanted to? E.g. i want to take long trades only if 1 or 2 extra condition (over/below EMA), or something similar to determine trend and only take trades in the direction of trend. I have noticed that most of the shortcomings come from taking trades agains the trend.

Thanks.

Comment

backtest

Shadowfax,

A while back I fumbled, stumbled on a way to do very useful but limited backtesting on Snap’s WCCIAT. You can backtest any changes you make to all the different parameters/variables, but I don’t think you can backtest an ATM strategy since everything has to be in the script…that is, backtesting can not call an ATM, I think Snap said.

So, I ended up commenting out all the lines and intra-line places that reference the ATM…then I added some lines for a profit target, stop loss and a simple order entry.

I attached the strategy which shows all the changes...if you can follow my mess. Not sure if you can import the strategy and use it as-is or if you’ll have to make the changes to your own WCCIAT script...if you change your script, remember to first save it under a new name so you don’t change the original. If you can use the strat as-is you’ll probably want to change the Variables section back to your trade set up.

I probably commented out more than I should have but it worked ok for me. It would be better if Snap or someone could make a clean and proper back testable version…and include script for things like a trailing stop, be+, 1 ct off at 10t, etc.

In any case, I think back testing/optimization can be very useful… but only as a starting point for arriving at a set of parameters to really evaluate in real-time Sim-mode over many months.

Also remember that in order to do a back test, the data must first be in the NT database…so if you don’t have historical data you have to collect the data day after day.

-marvel
                      Attached Files

Comment

nt7 woodies cci

Aloha snap
                        I have been using cci with de for sometime now but when I went over to the woodies cci and dataextraction in Nt7,the pattern recognition does not show on the chart and no csv.file is generated.What am I doing wrong?
                        mahalo
                        jungo

Comment

Dear Marvel I am trying to to upgrade to nt7 version of snap hooks CCI De.Do you have a functioning ninja script of this indicator if you do could could you email a copy of this ninja script.That goes for all you CCI de users help.Check out my posts under installation and licensing,Diffuculty compiling.
                          thanks
                          jungo
                          jungo

Comment

jungo,

i have not upgraded to nt7 yet, so i can't be much help to you...maybe someone else can step in to help you out.

-marvel

Comment

Hi,
                              I am new to NT and am having trouble importing the WCCI_AT script.
                              I get error message saying
                              "Import Ninja Script Archive File (zip) Error
                              Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a rquired file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."
                              I am currently using NT v7.0.1000.4.
                              I have previously imported CCI_forecaster_DE_v7, but have deleted from indicators to try to make the AT work.
                              I appreciate if someone can give me help.
                              thanks
                              Jack

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums!

You could try installing the indicator manually to see where the collision is.

Unzip the file and please the .cs files in the indicator folder into My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->bin->custom->indicator folder.

Then compile the indicators with the below steps. If there are errors please take action on them or send me a screenshot so I can instruct you.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
                                From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                                Select an indicator and double click on it.
                                A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                                At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                                From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know what errors are listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparkyboy  
                                Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
                                21 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder