Indicator High/Low bar "open" line plot- need programmer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator High/Low bar "open" line plot- need programmer help

It seems so simple on paper, but although I did try to create this indicator I just cannot seem to get my mind around all the coding required - I really did make a real attempt to learn this -but its just not getting in (for now).

All I need to do is plot a line of the "Open" of a 5min bar (or any other time period) which is bar that is also the daily high or low of that day -intraday only. So it will plot only the open price with a line (with price # text on it) after it is determined that within the bars range it is the high or low of the day -obviously calculated on bars close. All prior bars that were once high or low of day-their "open "lines should then disappear as they lose new high/low status.

Now - as a filter - to plot a valid indicator line - for high of day bar - the close must be greater than open, and for low of day bar - the close must be less than open.

I am at the mercy of your help with this - I will be happy to take whatever anyone can begin to create and perhaps I can then learn to edit it and add and learn Ninjascript in the process.

UPDATE - I added this to the correct forum - Indicator development thread.

Thank you in advance. Rob
    Last edited by ea0680; 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM. Reason: posted to Indicator development thread

Originally posted by ea0680 View Post
    It seems so simple on paper, but although I did try to create this indicator I just cannot seem to get my mind around all the coding required - I really did make a real attempt to learn this -but its just not getting in (for now).

All I need to do is plot a line of the "Open" of a 5min bar (or any other time period) which is bar that is also the daily high or low of that day -intraday only. So it will plot only the open price with a line (with price # text on it) after it is determined that within the bars range it is the high or low of the day -obviously calculated on bars close. All prior bars that were once high or low of day-their "open "lines should then disappear as they lose new high/low status.

Now - as a filter - to plot a valid indicator line - for high of day bar - the close must be greater than open, and for low of day bar - the close must be less than open.

I am at the mercy of your help with this - I will be happy to take whatever anyone can begin to create and perhaps I can then learn to edit it and add and learn Ninjascript in the process.

UPDATE - I added this to the correct forum - Indicator development thread.

Thank you in advance. Rob
    Have a look at the indicator called "CurrentDayOHL"
    If you only want to track the Open, High & Low of the Day session - simply set your "Data Series" to the RTH (RegularTradingHours) setting
    To track OHL of the Globex Session chose Data Series ETH

Comment

Thanks, I have looked into that indicator before, but its not really what I was looking for. I have posted this over to the indicator develepment thread and koganam has been kind enough in helping me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse