Multiple or Double Bottom / Top Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple or Double Bottom / Top Indicator

I am searching for an indicator identifiying multiple or double bottoms / tops on bar close true / false, best giving an alert. Any suggestions where to find? I am sure that it has been coded already but I cannot find.

resist, perhaps the Ninja Price Action script would be a good start for your works?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am looking for a really simple tool

Dear Bertrand,
      thank you for your help.
      I am really sorrry all the indicators I see there a very "heavy".
      I am looking for a really simple tool, only detecting a multiple top or low on the same price and the last xxx bars and give me back a 1 for yes, "there is a double / multiple". Than I could put it in a scanner an get an alert when in one of several markets such a "price action" appears and I can react manually after having a view on the chart.
      That´s my idea.
      Kind regards

Comment

You're welcome - sorry would not be aware of another script that would approach this area. From the script shared you could look into isolating just the code you seek to trim down the script.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by resist View Post
          Dear Bertrand,
          thank you for your help.
          I am really sorrry all the indicators I see there a very "heavy".
          I am looking for a really simple tool, only detecting a multiple top or low on the same price and the last xxx bars and give me back a 1 for yes, "there is a double / multiple". Than I could put it in a scanner an get an alert when in one of several markets such a "price action" appears and I can react manually after having a view on the chart.
          That´s my idea.
          Kind regards
          What is so heavy about that script?

It is as bare-bones as one can get to process that information. If you are saying that you want to see ONLY the DT, and DB, you can just comment out the code that draws the highs and lows. Other than that there really is hardly any superfluous code in there.

Comment

Could someone please let me know why a signal wasn't generated by the PriceActionSwing indicator for a double top as ihghlighted by the circles and arrows? I would have thought the second time the high was hit, it would have potted a GOLD circle or something. An I using the wrong indicator to plot this? Please advise. Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how that indicator is supposed to work. Where did you obtain the PriceActionSwing indicator? Are you able to contact the author?
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Currently waiting for feedback from the author. Does NinjaTrader have an indicator that would show this?

Comment

We do not have anything native that would show the information you are looking for.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hey Matthew. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

I have another question regarding the PriceActionSwing indicator. I used the wizard to create a strategy using this indicator to compare to the Higher High and Lower Low bars 2 bars back from the current bar, but the strategy generated an error. I'm new to coding, only 1 week of experience, and thought a simple strategy would be easy to create. Below is what I was trying to accomplish with the strategy:

If the current bar's Low/High is the same as the Lower Low/Higher High in either of the last 2 bars, take a long/short position with a 15 tick trailing stop.

Of course more would need to be included in order for this to be a good strategy, but was trying to make a simple strategy to see how the indicator would enter a position visually.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes