Darvas and SRLines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darvas and SRLines

Could someone with more programming experience take a look at the indicator I have that is trying to combine the Darvas and SRLines indicators together into one indicator? My goal is to try and combine these 2 indicators together to use in a trade strategy along with some other indicators, but not sure what is wrong with the combined indicator. The indicator runs, but doesn't display the SRLines. Am I missing additional code that is needed or did I input the wrong information for the SRLines to plot. I'm very new to reading and writing code and not exactly sure what is wrong with the combined indicator. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Welcome to our forums gretzkyless - I've just gave your script a run on the 6E 5 min chart, and see all 4 plots displaying info. What chart / instrument did you use and were the plots then only partically populating with data or were they displaying but you expected a different outcome based on your code?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand. I have attached a screenprint of what I was trying to do. The Darvas Box I'm trying to define even more, but right now, I was just trying to combine the Darvas Indicator with the SR Line Indicator to look similar to the chart I have attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok. Have the 2 indicators combined. Now just need to work on getting the Darvas boxes to look like the ones on the attached chart.
        Attached Files

Comment

So am I understand you correct - you would like to use the support and resistance values and draw the boxes as rectangles then in your script?
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand. The indicator I'm trying to create spots the areas where it's trending sideways. Below is the logic based on how I would like to see the indicator plot:

Below are the parameters for crude
            Minimum Range - 10 ticks
            Maximum Range - 25 ticks

If the next bar has the same high or closes lower, then start creating the box if the next 3 bars have same highs or are lower. Right now, this is the logic of the boxes I'm trying to create. The 3 futures markets I would like to apply this to are CL, ES, and TM, but focusing on getting the indicator to work first in CL before modifying the ranges for ES and TM.

I know a box will still be plotting since the max range will not have been met, but will look into this after an indicator has been made to at least start drawing a box around periods of indecision. I just think the Darvas indicator is too noisy and would like to focus in on the periods of sideways movement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby