Adaptive CCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi KBJ,
    I made the mistake of loading the Adaptive CCI into 6.5 and then doing a strategy based on it in wizard and now I can't load any strategies or compile them or export them or import them and the same goes for the indicators. This is because of the errors you talked about. I tried to delete the Adaptive CCI but it won't let me because it is now connected to something else. So, I tried to fix it with code you recommended and the earlier error went away and now I have a new one. No overload for method 'Adaptive_CCI' takes '7'arguments. I really could use your help on this. Do I need to put the code you suggested into other places? I am fairly new at this so that is part of the problem. Wish I would have caught your post earlier because now I have a bit of a mess. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Thanks to your post I was able to figure out how to fix a major problem I was having so thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks for your post it helped me out tremendously!!! I just had to make sure that I did what you said to the Data and the Color in the properties section.

Comment

[EDIT] answered my own question...please delete this post
          Last edited by tradinginzen; 02-04-2010, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Hi,
            I see nothing wrong with your code. It works perfectly just as you would expect. So, my suggestion is to remove the indicator and add it back to the chart to see if that helps. Otherwise, not sure what could be causing the problem.

Add(new Line(new Pen(Color.Black, 2), 0, "Zero line")); is what i use so I can easily change the default width of the line. This has nothing to do with your problem but thought I'm mention it in case you find it useful.

Use DrawRegion to shade in the area between the zero line and the cci.

Just wondering why you are only using the alternate form of the adaptive cci instead of the adaptive which include the alternate. Also wondering if you're having success using it. Please share your results.

It's always nice to hear someone is using the stuff I've posted. Thanks,

Mike Winfrey

Comment

Funny...i replied and then saw you answered your own question...

Mike

Comment

Adaptive CCI

Would anyone know if we have an NT 7 version for this Adaptive CCi indicator? I downloaded the script and tried to import into NT 7 but kept getting error saying that it can't import due to either duplicated name or missing reference.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Regarding the adaptive CCI, should the historical plot be the same as what is plotted in real time on the close of each new bar or does the plot shift when the chart is refreshed?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by syxforex View Post
                    Thanks Mike,

Regarding the adaptive CCI, should the historical plot be the same as what is plotted in real time on the close of each new bar or does the plot shift when the chart is refreshed?

thanks
                    It might. It depends on timing and latency.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post gravdigaz6  
                    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred