Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bid/Ask Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask Volume

As I understand it Bid and Ask Volume are only available in Real Time and when reloading a chart or Restarting what you can do is implement Tick Replay to populate and indicator with The Bid or Ask Volume so that you don't have to wait to populate the Bid Ask Volume in Real Time. Is this Correct ? Is this the only way to do this.

Thanks for any input.

Jerry

I believe so; at least that's how I'm doing it. Take a look at the @VolumeProfile.cs indicator's code in OnMarketData.

Comment

Thanks - I will check it out.

Comment

tradesmart, I noticed something interesting, as I was examining and playing with the code from Volume Profile I enabled the tick Replay. After cuting and pasting into a modified BuySellVolume indicator. I noticed that as Long as the Tick Replay was enabled the BuySellVolume Indicator populated all the history without modification. And of course it does because it doesn't have to test to know whether its TickReplay or Realtime in OnMarketData. It just uses what is now available. Ninja should redo the documentation on BuySellVolume and any other indicators that use OnmarketData to include this information.

Comment

Thank you, JerryWar.

I have sent this in for documentation request.

Comment

Does this mean that OnMarketData() if (Bars.IsTickReplay) conditional processing is unnecessary in @VolumeProfile since neither @BuySellVolume nor @BuySellPressure have such a condition?

Comment

Exactly - If the data is there because you enabled Tick Replay in your data Stream, the condition doesn't have any effect on whether you see it or not with the Caveat that I cannot see into all nuances of switching from Historical to Realtime with volume because I don't have that much experience with it.
              But It is simple enough to try, enable tick Replay in a chart and put @BuySellVolume on. You will see it populate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
              2 responses
              1 like
              Last Post BarzTrading  
              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH