Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Auto Trend Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Trend Line

Hi

There is an indicator for Ninja Trader 7 on the forum called "auto trend line" and another someone has modified that provides the option of having historic lines shown.

Is there any chance please that someone could modify either one so it can do the following.

1) On "Up" lines it only connects two swings points where a new high has been generated, the opposite for "Down" lines, currently it connects any 2 swings.

2) It shows the arrow for the break of a trend line that has made a full OHLC the other side of the line, currently it shows the arrow if there is a close over the line.

Thanks

Hello ab1000,

Thanks for your post.

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients.

We will leave this thread open for any forum members that would like to assist.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Paul,

Thank you for an execelent indicator. I have two quick question about this indicator. Is it possible to enable somehow that all previous lines is drawn on the chart? Second question, do you understand why the lines I drawed with magneta color does not show up on the chart? (I would like to see also the bearish trend lines)

Looking forward to hear from you!

I added two sessions of this indicator, one with trend strength of 3 and one with 7.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	autotrendline2.png
Views:	450
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1095840Click image for larger version

Name:	autotrendline3.png
Views:	399
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1095841Click image for larger version

Name:	autotrendline3.png
Views:	404
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1095842

Comment

Hello prisonbreaker82,

Thanks for your post.

The indicator is a conversion of the NinjaTrader7 indicator which was created based on the September 07 issue of Stocks & Commodities magazine.

"Is it possible to enable somehow that all previous lines is drawn on the chart?", Yes that can be done however the indicator will draw a lot of lines and if you have a number of days to load you may experience performance issues because of the number of separate draw objects. If you chose to do this I would suggest specifying to leave only X number of lines on the chart where X is a variable you can change based on your performance observations and charting needs.

"Second question, do you understand why the lines I drawed with magneta color does not show up on the chart? (I would like to see also the bearish trend lines)" Sorry, I do not.

As the source code of the indicator is provided when you download, you are welcome to modify it to suit your need. Please note that in the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients.

If you would like an indicator modified for you or created as you need, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers in the NinjaTrader ecosystem that can provide that service.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes