Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Current OHL for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current OHL for indicators

I'm trying to set an alert for new HOD and LOD on the MACD indicator with a 5 min ES chart as the MACD input. Instead of plotting the MACD OHL, the indicator is plotting the OHL of ES. Can anyone help me get the OHL to plot for the MACD and not the ES input of the MACD in the bottom panel?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello Meldinman,

Welcome to the forums!

The CurrentDayOHL indicator uses the Open High an Low price series'. When we supply an indicator another indicator for the data series, the indicator is to read that data with the Input price series. Since CurrentDayOHL uses Open Low and High, these series are substituted from the data series supplied to the MACD instead of the MACD's plot values.

The CurrentDayOHL indicator cannot be used to tell the daily Open High and Low of an indicator used as its input.

If you would like to accomplish your goal, I recommend creating an alternate OHL indicator that uses Input instead of the traditional price series'.

Reference on the Input series is publicly available here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...-us/?input.htm

If you would like we can also have a member of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript consultants that can create this script or any other at you request. Please let us know if that interests you.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes please

If possible that would be great! I think being able to alert new high/lows for indicators would be very helpful to many members out there.
      Last edited by Meldinman; 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

How to edit

If someone could kindly point to where in the code I could change the input from data series to indicator input. I couldn't find a double in the currentOHL indicator as described.

Comment

Hello Meldinman,

There will be more modifications necessary than to only change the code to use the Input Price Series.

If you would like to get introduced to creating and modifying NinjaScripts, I would first recommend reviewing the Indicator tutorials and the basic programming concepts in the NinjaTrader 7 help guide. After reviewing the tutorials and having made your first indicator, I would then recommend modifying the CurrentDayOHL indicator to your needs.

If you need to reference the differences between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 NinjaScripts, please refer to the Code Breaking Changes page of the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.

I will provide links to these tutorials as well as a documentation item that describes working with different price series. This information is publicly available.

Programming Concepts (NT7) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_concepts.htm

Indicator tutorials (NT7) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm

Working with Price Series - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ice_series.htm

Code Breaking Changes (NT8) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_changes.htm

I will have an EcoSystem representative reach out with additional information on NinjaScript Consultants.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Meldinman,

You can search our extensive library of vendors who provide programming services through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party services for NinjaTrader all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or if I can provide any further assistance by responding to this thread at your convenience.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response