Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to import indicator offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import indicator offline?

I have created a package (of windows installer) to install (copy) my indicators into NT folder.
    However, doing that probably doesnt cause for NT "to compile" them, and the new indicators doesnt show up in chart...
    If i manually go to NT>Editor, and compile any indi, then seems all indis are refreshed and after that, they show up..

question:
    What can I do, to cause NT to auto-compile/load scripts after installing indicators into 'Indicators' Folder?

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, I could only suggest using the standard import/export system as that is the only way the compiler will be signaled to compile.

Was there a specific reason an Installer was used for this? I noted you have some recent questions on the forum regarding exporting/importing difficulties, was this due to those questions?

If so, I would likely suggest reviewing the code used rather than using an installer. Using an installer generally will complicate your overall process to get the indicator installed. End users also generally dont expect an exe, but instead, expect a .zip file for import purposes.

If the installer was used to include extra files, please note you can do this using the standard zip export system as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!
      My two questions:

1) I wanted installer because my package have tons of different indis, which include almost all system indicators. During import, i get 40-50 questions to click "YES/NO" (for owerwrite question dialog box). I wanted to avoid those inconvenience using installer.

2) I know there is some way to do the compilation, because I've seen, APEX systems has its installer, which does that thing. After installing the exe, you have indicators in compiled list, without need to maually-compile them. How did they do that?

3) I also want to know how to recompile it without manual recompiling, because I might need to update only 1 indi in my 50 indis. and want to send that update to friend, and he could just drag&drop that indi.cs into INDICATORS folder. Doest there really exists any Keyboard Shortcut to do the RECOMPILATION of scripts? if no, please open feature request for that.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

For the first concern, I couldn't really suggest anything to get around this. If you use 50 indicators in your item you would need to include them when exporting. I can put in a feature request to silence the window that asks if you want to add the system indicator during the import but they still need added for the export to be validated. An export is essentially going to bring in everything that the end user will require for it to compile so they can import it.

Regarding the installer, if you know of a vendor that uses unsupported code to do this, you could ask that vendor how they do it. Installers are not something we suggest using or support so I can't really provide any assistance on that front. I would still suggest avoiding using an installer unless you want to support your self in case of problems. Our support won't be able to provide help for any problems related to your installer as that is an outside project.

Regarding ways to compile, there are no ways I could provide to manually compile aside from the standard ways. There is a keyboard shortcut of F5 but the editor needs to be in focus. You can also just drop the.cs file in the folder if the editor window is open. Outside of these options, a zip import would be needed to trigger the compile, or the user would have to manually compile to load the item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes