Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why there is no course to learn Indicator Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GIST of this thread is this....

1. Stop doing the same webinars over and over again and utilize that time on creating NEW SYSTEMATIC WEBINARS/ Tutorial series that will teach people coding a strategy or indicator...
    2. Direct the people who are absolute beginners to your youtube channel/ embed those videos related to each topic on a dedicated page on NT8 website.
    3. If people have questions, direct them to support pages... Coding is a much challenging task and that is what needs help from real people instead of using the docs only.

Comment

Hi

I appreciate your comments and I think that we can both agree regarding Indicator development.

Regarding strategies, I do agree with you. Learning material on building strategies is somewhat lagging, especially when it comes to unmanaged code. It is doable though, even though it might be quite tough for a beginner. So you do have a very valid point there.

Now as to mql4 (mt4 programming language)...
      If I recall correctly, that language is built off of C++. I find it amusing that you think it is easy. Building something custom, keeping track of memory, and preventing memory leaks in C++ is a full time job that will get you many gray hair. Been there. I do know you are referring to the learning material and likely basic cookie-cutter stuff.

But, and here is the key... as you said, it is a PAID site. The material on NT is free.
      Of course a paid site will approach things quite differently than a free site, and of course, you expect more. The question then becomes: How much would you be willing to pay? And even if you are, how many people would also be willing to pay? It might simply be a case of an economic trade off.

I still use ninjatrader 8 for charting. I have no complaints now... I'm at peace using mt4 for strategy development and backtesting and nt8 for charting. (learned to live with its limitations) But for coding strategies and backtesting, mt4 is my go to because of the help I received from educators
      I am happy for you that you have found for yourself something that works. But I am confused. On one hand you say you are a beginner and at the same time you say .
      using...nt8 for charting. (learned to live with its limitations)
      Really? The limitations of NT one might begin to run into involve fairly complex programing ideas. So what limitations are you referring to as a beginner? Just curious

Comment

Hi

I was referring to the limitations of mt4 not NT. :-)

Yeah. I can understand the economic thing... Anyway... there's not more to add from my side..

Have a great day...

Comment

This may be outdated; but I would also like to see additional help webinars/videos for programming strategies.

Comment

Hello mfletch7,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to make more NinjaScript educational content available. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3168.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes