Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BetterVolume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BetterVolume

Has anybody ported the BetterVolume3 NT7 indicator to NT8 and want to share? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The bettervolume3 was converted quite some time ago and can be found with many other converted indicators in the NT8 file sharing area. Here is a link to the specific indicator: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=7&linkid=681
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I did a search and it didn't turn up. Glad you replied because I was in the process of trying to convert the indicator myself.

Comment

Thank you for converting this indicator.
        1. The vertical date gridline is missing - is it possible to fix?
        2. I suspect there is a logical error in the code below.

if (bc == 4 && (cond2 || cond3 || cond4 || cond5 || cond6 || cond7 || cond8 || cond9 || (cond12 || cond13
        || cond14 || cond15 || cond16 || cond17 || cond18 || cond19) && sameday))
        {
        bc = 5; //ClimaxChurn
        }

Should it be shown as below, noting the added bracket pair starting at ((cond12 || cond13..., ending at ...&& sameday)))

if (bc == 4 && (cond2 || cond3 || cond4 || cond5 || cond6 || cond7 || cond8 || cond9 || ((cond12 || cond13
        || cond14 || cond15 || cond16 || cond17 || cond18 || cond19) && sameday)))
        {
        bc = 5; //ClimaxChurn
        }

Comment

Hello kkc2015,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the grid lines can be turned on by changing lines 82 & 83 from false to true (for both vertical and horizontal or one or the other as you wish).

We have only converted the code as it was from NT7 and no changes to the logic were made in this regard. You may wish to contact the original author of the NT7 code to discuss and pursue the validity of your suggested change. Alternatively, you are welcome to make the changes you wish and upload your version and if you do we recommend naming it differently (BetterVolume4?) and advise the changes made.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I should have been more explicit in my question. I have already tried setting DrawVerticalGridLines to true, DrawHorizontalGridLines to true, which has no effect on the gridlines when the charts are displayed in EOD mode. When the charts are displayed in minutes (15m), the gridlines are shown regardless if the DrawVerticalGridLines is set to true or false. The results are the same whether a single chart or multiple tabbed charts are displayed.

The results are the same, whether 'calculate' is set to any of the three available options. This also applies to setting option for 'Maximum bars look back'

Comment

Hello kkc2015,

Thanks for your post.

I am not able to replicate what you are seeing. I've created a short video to show what I have tried: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...UzMl82MDc1Nzcx

Are you using the current version of NT8? (8.0.8.0)

Comment

Thanks again for the quick response. Additional info are as follows:
                1. Windows 10 Pro Creator update
                2. 16GB RAM, Intel i-7 CPU, display 1 graphics card = RX460 (60hz), display 2 = HD-7700 (30hz)
                3. 2 - 4k TV monitor, configured as extended display
                4. NinjaTrader version 8.0.8.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)
                5. 15-minute chart is based on imported historical data from Freestockcharts.com, (no live datafeed)
                6. Daily chart is based on download historical data from Kinetick (no live datafeed)
                7. Screen dump is shown on URL below.

Could you please suggest anything that I can try. At what stage of execution are the gridlines painted in an indicator?

Comment

Hello kkc2015,

Thanks for your post.

As your post is no longer related to the thread and you are asking for assistance with your system, please write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com . The example you provided the dopboxlink to are difficult to see likely because of the 4k monitors, if possible please provide, in the e-mail, individual screenshots that show the issue you are trying to correct. Also, please attach your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your e-mail so we may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                  Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
                  Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

You are correct that this gridline problem could be specific to my PC. After trying the following, I was able to resolve the problem
                    1. delete all workspaces, reboot - did not resolve
                    2. delete all templates, reboot - did not resolve
                    3. remove, reboot, reinstall NT8 - did not resolve
                    4. delete the entire folder ...\Documents\NinjaTrader 8, remove NT8, reboot, reinstall NT8 - this fixed the problem.

It is not an elegant way to fix a problem but it gets the job done. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

BetterVolume “UseTickVolume” Parameter

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
                      Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The bettervolume3 was converted quite some time ago and can be found with many other converted indicators in the NT8 file sharing area. Here is a link to the specific indicator: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=7&linkid=681

Hello Paul,

Thank you for converting the NT7 version of the BetterVolume indicator to NT8. Although I didn’t find your conversion until I had already done my own, it was nice to confirm that I had done it correctly.

I’ve noticed that newer versions of the BetterVolume indicator found on the Internet include a Parameter setting labeled “UseTickVolume.” When that is checked, the Indicator produces slightly different (and apparently more accurate) results.

Do you, or anyone, have any idea how the Indicator with that setting “Uses Tick Volume” in the code?

I thought maybe they added a 1 Tick DataSeries and then determined whether each incoming Tick was an Up-Tick or a Down-Tick based on how the Price compared to the previous Price. However, once I figured that, I couldn’t come up with an effective way to apply it.

Thanks,
                      Jim

Comment

Hello jrcarter,

Thanks for your post.

I do not have any insight into how a "use Tick Volume" option would apply in the better volume indicator. You may want to contact the author of the indicator that has that option in it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes