Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why there is no course to learn Indicator Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why there is no course to learn Indicator Development

Hi..

I understand C#. Thanks to BobTabor!! But when I come to Ninjascript, I understand the datatypes, constructors, library references... etc etc... but where on earth is a course for helping noobs like me to write indicators for themselves...

I am kind of furious about this... There is so much opportunity for educators to create a basic course on Udemy/Skillshare or any such website to teach....

If the community of Ninjatrader is SOO HUGE... THEN WHERE IS BASIC COURSE FOR ME !?!?!?!? There should be HUGE demand from Ninjatrader users who want to "get wings"..... Why is this demand not being met ??!

But the pros are all keeping their knowledge to themselves... This is sad... They can benefit themselves by educating others on these platforms... isn't it ??

IM FRUSTRATED... Someone please create a course on udemy to atleast help me get started...

Someone please create a course on udemy to atleast help me AND MANY OTHERS... get started...

Comment

Hello karthik007,

NinjaTrader provides the Strategy Builder 301 and NinjaScript Editor 401 courses on YouTube and the reference samples on the forums.

NinjaTrader does not, however, offer educational services for C#. There are 3rd party affiliates that do offer educational services.

Below is a publicly available link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Instead of doing the SAME 101,201,301 and 401 webinars EVERY day... It would be nice if you could do ATLEAST 1 webinar each week highlighting one aspect of ninjascript... Say for example...

Week 1 : How to add horizontal (based on price) and vertical lines (based on time) programatically.

Week 2 : How to create an SMA like plot programatically...

Week 3 : How to load data from an external file and use it to plot a graph in NT chart window...

My point is... DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE for users instead of doing the same ABSOLUTE NOOB webinars ALL THE TIME...

NT has a LOOOOOT of potential to dominate the marketplace when compared to metatrader/amibroker.

Unless you do some productive webinars for people interested in helping themselves by coding their strategies / indicators... you're going to stay where you are...

I wish I could talk to your CEO and tell them that you are being too complacent...

I want to show you an example of an 50 + year old man who single handedly created SO MANY video tutorials for programming mql4. https://www.youtube.com/user/Jimdandy1958/playlists

The point is... you have an army of people with good knowledge of programming ninjascript...

Kindly do some tutorials like him... Pick a topic each week and show how to do programming ninjascript... THIS will take you a LONG way... Not just throwing some link to learn everything myself... If I could I would...

If you think about it... You could have done the same thing (throw a link to people who ask how to add an indicator to a chart window). This task is sooo damn basic... but you are going on and on and on creating webinars for such super simple tasks... I hope you introspect and do useful webinars on ninjascript rather than showing that there is 401 or 301... It is noob stuff and simply not good enough imho...

I truly believe I showed you the way to dominate the market... (there is my self interest here too... but it will help many many others like me, who are truly in majority)... and take my comments positively and finally DO SOMETHING about it...

Regards,
        Karthik.

Comment

Hello karthik007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide productive feedback.

I will forward your notes to a superior for review.

Please let me know of any other requests you have for NinjaTrader.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by karthik007 View Post
            Instead of doing the SAME 101,201,301 and 401 webinars EVERY day... It would be nice if you could do ATLEAST 1 webinar each week highlighting one aspect of ninjascript... Say for example...

Week 1 : How to add horizontal (based on price) and vertical lines (based on time) programatically.

Week 2 : How to create an SMA like plot programatically...

Week 3 : How to load data from an external file and use it to plot a graph in NT chart window...

My point is... DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE for users instead of doing the same ABSOLUTE NOOB webinars ALL THE TIME...

NT has a LOOOOOT of potential to dominate the marketplace when compared to metatrader/amibroker.

Unless you do some productive webinars for people interested in helping themselves by coding their strategies / indicators... you're going to stay where you are...

I wish I could talk to your CEO and tell them that you are being too complacent...

I want to show you an example of an 50 + year old man who single handedly created SO MANY video tutorials for programming mql4. https://www.youtube.com/user/Jimdandy1958/playlists

The point is... you have an army of people with good knowledge of programming ninjascript...

Kindly do some tutorials like him... Pick a topic each week and show how to do programming ninjascript... THIS will take you a LONG way... Not just throwing some link to learn everything myself... If I could I would...

If you think about it... You could have done the same thing (throw a link to people who ask how to add an indicator to a chart window). This task is sooo damn basic... but you are going on and on and on creating webinars for such super simple tasks... I hope you introspect and do useful webinars on ninjascript rather than showing that there is 401 or 301... It is noob stuff and simply not good enough imho...

I truly believe I showed you the way to dominate the market... (there is my self interest here too... but it will help many many others like me, who are truly in majority)... and take my comments positively and finally DO SOMETHING about it...

Regards,
            Karthik.
            I'm really agree with this post and request!

Comment

I completely agree.
              Simple way to build over time a very useful set of effective courses

Comment

LOL... I have another great idea for people who are struggling with ninjascript...

Write a simple (same) email to ninjatrader support every day to do a weekly webinar on ninjascript instead of doing the current repetitive set of webinars.

May be that will change things for better

Remember Andy from Shawshank writing letters to Congress ?

Comment

Hello all,

We appreciate your suggestions and if you would like to see this please post here on this thread and we will add your vote and comments to our internal tracking.

Comment

please add my vote to developing more educational initiatives on ninjascript as well as more sample scripts using the Strategy Builder.
                    Thanks.
                    guidoisot

Comment

I'll jump on the wagon too. Would love to learn more about ninjascript.

Found a website with some basic tutorials if anyone is interested: https://www.theindicatorclub.com/nin...able-contents/

Cheers,
                      Splex
                      Last edited by Splex; 04-24-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for your suggestions on how we can improve our educational material.

We are tracking demand for this internally using the id SFT-3168.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I hope something is happening... Although I gave up hope and moved on from NT... All the best...

Comment

Hello karthik007,

I am a little puzzled by your comment regarding learning materials for indicator development. Although I am not aware of any formal training material, I do believe there are some YouTube videos that cover the basics of indicator development. Furthermore, there is the Wizard that helps you with building indicators, and there are ample sample indicators to learn from. Finally, the NT support staff is always here to help with questions and problems you may run into as are users in this forum.

Having said this, indicators built for NT rely on the C# language. I do not think it is reasonable to ask that NT provide learning material on C#. There are plenty of online resources and courses for learning C#.

I do realize that it can be a daunting task for someone to build their first indicator. I wish you hadn't given up so easily. Many users on this forum as well as the support staff would have happily helped you to get past the hurdle and get you going. It isn't as difficult a task as you think.

All the best.

Comment

Hi.. I can understand why you think so... For a moment, forget about indicator development....

I want to show you another example where mql4 (mt4 programming language) is being taught to students in a systematic way in order to get up and running in weeks... visit forexboat.com... It is a paid website that teaches various aspects of strategy development and optimization using mt4 and mql4.

NOW.... compare that with the daily webinars ninjatrader is conducting daily... I agree that it is not very easy to get up and running with a new thing fast... but I've spent only one month with the above site and am able to code simple strategies myself...

As a trader one needs to develop their own 'wings' to fly... And the courses there do that... Now... where is such a thing for ninjatrader... people at the 'HIGH RANKS' need to do some introspection... that's all I have to say... I could care less whether they do it or not because I found myself an alternative.

I still use ninjatrader 8 for charting. I have no complaints now... I'm at peace using mt4 for strategy development and backtesting and nt8 for charting. (learned to live with its limitations) But for coding strategies and backtesting, mt4 is my go to because of the help I received from educators.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB