Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is saving Kinetick data to a database allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is saving Kinetick data to a database allowed?

Hello,

I would like to fetch Kinetick data and save it to a local database. I want to check the legal status. All the data would be on the local machine only, not shared in any way. My questions are:

1) Is saving this data allowed by the data licence provided by Kinetick?
    2) Is using such saved data for analysis allowed?
    3) Is using such saved data for ticker screening purposes allowed?
    4) Is it allowed for such saved data to be accessible from software other than NinjaTrader and NinjaTrader addons?
    5) If #4 is not allowed, would it be if the data were encrypted and hence rendered unusable for any other SW than NT and plugins?

Thank you, best regards,

Libor

1. When you download data from any provider, it is stored locally on your PC in a format which NinjaTrader can use.
    2. You may use this data within NinjaTrader without restriction
    3. I am not quite sure what 'ticker screening' is. Could you elaborate?
    4. You can export locally stored historical data for use in other platforms. Here is a link with more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../exporting.htm
    5. The data is not encrypted, but it is formatted in a way that is likely specifically useful for NinjaTrader. The data would need to be manipulated after export if it is not in a desired format.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

What I mean is saving data in volume, say all 6000+ US tickers on NYSE and NASDAQ and say 10 years of daily data (or the corresponding lookback maximum for each tick size). This would be done via a NT add on, and stored in a local database other than the one NT uses.

What I meant by ticker screener is simply a screening tool, allowing the user to select tickers based on some criteria like MACD crossovers, overnight gaps etc.

The data would also be

Thank you,

Libor

Comment

Kinetick has certain tick data request restrictions during regular trading hours, however, outside of that you should be able to request all historical data which is available.

Based on what you've told me, I suspect requesting all of this data would take quite some time.

You may want to reach out to Kinetick directly via email for more specific information as this forum is specifically for NinjaTrader platform technical support. Here is how you may contact them directly:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view