right margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right margin

can the right side scale margin be reduced or hidden on ninjatrader7?

Hello cjstrader5,

Yes, you can adjust the right side margin. Right click on chart > Properties > Set Right side margin to 0.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to reduce or eliminate the numbers on the right scale (outside price chart) not the spacing between the price chart and the right scale margin.

Comment

I see - thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately there is no way to configure this. The closest thing is setting the axis color property to transparent. This will also affect the X axis and other areas where text is used on chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Hello cjstrader5,

Yes, you can adjust the right side margin. Right click on chart > Properties > Set Right side margin to 0.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...properties.htm
          I wanted to move the chart to the left so I changed the right margin;there was no change in the margin. Can you suggest a method to accomplish this?

Comment

Hi Jerry1,

What value did you set this to? It's set by pixels so you might need to try a larger value.

Comment

Hi Jerry1,

What value did you set this to? It's set by pixels so you might need to try a larger value.
              Thanks; since the default is small I changed it to 8 which had no noticeable effect. I then went to 150 and that did the job.
              Thanks again
              Jerry

Comment

hi
                I just found here that scale margin cant be set. Could you consider adding this to next releeses please.
                I found strange behavior if I use indicator on the same panel as chart is and setting scale to the left. Im getting unrounded numbers for volume also left margin is too wide. I solve it by using overlay scale justification for the volume. thanks

Comment

LeeTo - Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums and thank you for the suggestions. You may consider changing the font size of the axis through the chart's Right Click > Properties screen.

Comment

I am having a similar, but more extreme issue....

Here is what my chart looks like after a little strategy development.

The only fix I've found so far is to shut down the chart and bring up a new one, set it all up again.

Even when I do this, the new margin is unacceptable.

Thanks, John

Comment

Hi John,

Is your strategy setting margin by code? Or is using indicators that do this? Post the complete NinjaScript .zip here and we can take a look.

Comment

Hi John,

Is your strategy setting margin by code? Or is using indicators that do this? Post the complete NinjaScript .zip here and we can take a look.
                        Ryan,

Thanks for the follow up.

The only indicator on the chart is the MAX stock with Ninja. Sometimes that causes my problem on its own, but the trouble happens much more quickly when strategy developing.

The strategy does nothing with the margins - it declares some doubles, some EMA functions, Countif's, MRO's, and such. Enters on limits and exits with profit targets and stops. And it plots nothing in the code.

Sometimes I wonder if I should overtly Math.Round all of my double values? Do you think that could cause this even if they are not plotted?

Thanks, John

Comment

Originally posted by John01 View Post
                          Ryan,

Thanks for the follow up.

The only indicator on the chart is the MAX stock with Ninja. Sometimes that causes my problem on its own, but the trouble happens much more quickly when strategy developing.

The strategy does nothing with the margins - it declares some doubles, some EMA functions, Countif's, MRO's, and such. Enters on limits and exits with profit targets and stops. And it plots nothing in the code.

Sometimes I wonder if I should overtly Math.Round all of my double values? Do you think that could cause this even if they are not plotted?

Thanks, John
                          I should add that the addition of pixel width in that space is about as random as any computer function can be. I tweak the strategy a bit, hit Refresh NinjaScript, change my parems, run an opt, etc. Sometimes it gets wider, sometimes it stays the same. But it never returns to normal on its own.

Comment

The cause of crazy wide BORDERS alongside the price panels of a chart

The width of the BORDER (the space between the edge of the price panel and the edge of the window containing the price panel) is constrained, WHEN A CHART LOADS, to be a little wider than the widest PRICE MARKER that is displayed as the indicators on the chart are starting up..

Sometimes when an indicator first loads, a pricemarker will display an excessive number of decimal places that causes the price marker to be much wider than it should be. Then after the indicator becomes stable, the pricemarker reverts to a normal number of decimal places and normal width, so you won't even be aware that the price marker had ever been excessively wide.

But now, the damage has been done - the border of the chart has been set and is now "stuck" being excessively wide, to allow enough room for the extra wide pricemarker, that is not even there anymore..

The solution is to put code in your indicator to make sure that its pricemarkers can NEVER display an excessive number of digits -especially during the unstable period when the indicator is first starting. To diagnose the problem, you can PRINT the values of the series you are plotting during the first few bars to the output window to see if any of those outputs have excessive numbers of digits. There are a number of ways to suppress unnecessary digits, such as the Round function.
                            Last edited by Ricam; 03-05-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

This margin widening is happening each time I use the chart trader. Why is this happening?

Originally posted by Ricam View Post
                              The width of the BORDER (the space between the edge of the price panel and the edge of the window containing the price panel) is constrained, WHEN A CHART LOADS, to be a little wider than the widest PRICE MARKER that is displayed as the indicators on the chart are starting up..

Sometimes when an indicator first loads, a pricemarker will display an excessive number of decimal places that causes the price marker to be much wider than it should be. Then after the indicator becomes stable, the pricemarker reverts to a normal number of decimal places and normal width, so you won't even be aware that the price marker had ever been excessively wide.

But now, the damage has been done - the border of the chart has been set and is now "stuck" being excessively wide, to allow enough room for the extra wide pricemarker, that is not even there anymore..

The solution is to put code in your indicator to make sure that its pricemarkers can NEVER display an excessive number of digits -especially during the unstable period when the indicator is first starting. To diagnose the problem, you can PRINT the values of the series you are plotting during the first few bars to the output window to see if any of those outputs have excessive numbers of digits. There are a number of ways to suppress unnecessary digits, such as the Round function.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred