TOS users that are now TDA users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOS users that are now TDA users

Does anyone know if the merger between TOS and TDA enables account access via NinjaTrader? As a TOS user I was sent a TDA username and password and can access my account via TDA's online access. However when attemtping to connect via NinjaTrader to TDA I'm presented with a message "Login Failed: Unable to login".Using the same credentials I can logon at http://www.tdameritrade.com.

Thanks!

Hello slayer3600,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. Yes, you will need to send an email to api 'at' tdameritrade 'dot' com with the subject line: API access to Ninjatrader. Include your TDA account number and they should then enable access.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just an update in case any other TOS users are looking. Unfortunetly NinjaTrader access requires switching to a legacy TDA account. I got the following email response below from TDA:

"We can get it converted to a legacy green TD Ameritrade account type (which would be able to access NinjaTrader), but note that you will lose access to TOS Red, several account features (like the ability to trade futures/forex, which also don’t stream quotes over the API), and some features in some platforms."

Comment

Originally posted by slayer3600 View Post
        Just an update in case any other TOS users are looking. Unfortunetly NinjaTrader access requires switching to a legacy TDA account. I got the following email response below from TDA:

"We can get it converted to a legacy green TD Ameritrade account type (which would be able to access NinjaTrader), but note that you will lose access to TOS Red, several account features (like the ability to trade futures/forex, which also don’t stream quotes over the API), and some features in some platforms."
        Ouch! Thanks for letting us know. So far then, it would seem that the changes are only administrative; they seem not to have amalgamated the infrastructure after all.

Comment

Since this thread, has anyone succeeded in using NT ti trade their tdameritrade (formerly TOS) account? Using the TDA data feed? I'd like to do this; it was keep my brokering in one place and would save me from having to pay for a data feed.

Comment

TOS and NT 7 with TD Ameritrade

Hello:

I too have the same problem. Until there is a true integration within TD Ameritrade, this will be a problem for both systems. One broker is the holy grail to me. Hopefully soon.

Tony

Comment

To enable TDA account access to NinjaTrader, please contact TD Ameritrade Tech Support using the Secure Message Center on the TD Ameritrade Web site (after logging in, click Client Services >Contact Us > "Send us an email)" or by calling 1-800-669-3900 and asking for Tech Support. At this point, you can ask to allow TDA to enable access for NinjaTrader if it is not already enabled, for the tech support agent to understand the request please request a switch from an orange account to a green account.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-16-2011, 11:05 AM.
              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
              0 responses