I'm not sure why I did this...but here's the SquareOf9 revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure why I did this...but here's the SquareOf9 revisited

Well...I guess I was bored. And, of course, I wanted to see what the SquareOf9 would yield for me on a chart of the YM.

I'm attaching the SquareOf9 indicator. Take a look, let me know if you find any good use for it.

(Gann must have been a brilliant guy or an absolute nuthead)

Enjoy!

Ben

P.S. Be warned, this indicator can take a few seconds to load on a chart since it draws numerous horizontal and vertical lines.
    Attached Files

Thanks Ben...

I have not loaded your indicator but one thing you can do to minimize the total number of draw objects managed in an indicator is to only draw them on the last X number of bars. I have coded a few before and went with 200 bars.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sbg,

Thanks for the stuff you've put out here. But hey, if you're bored, take a crack at getting the Ichimoku to extend past the latest candle.

I think for someone that knows what they're doing, it should be pretty straight forward, given that most all the logic is in place.

As for the Sq9, I looked at it when that other fellow had it up (for a while) and it seems to me that if you draw enough lines, then eventually it's going to settle on one of them somewhere. (Though admittedly, I never did look into it too deeply.)

Comment

Yes...that limitation frustrates me too. There's a number of other indicators I'd like to program, unfortunately many of them rely on the ability to print to the right of the chart.

I tried to work around this limitation in my SquareOf9 code by giving a textual description (in the lower left portion of the screen) of the number of bars remaining before the next bar falls on one of the progressions. This is when you select "T" for a time analysis.

Ben

Originally posted by goldfly View Post
        sbg,

Thanks for the stuff you've put out here. But hey, if you're bored, take a crack at getting the Ichimoku to extend past the latest candle.

Comment

Have you guys tried passing in a negative number for the parameters on your draw object? I've never tried it, but it might work?
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Test this version on V6.0

I've attached a new (corrected and enhanced) version for NTv6.0

This is a "must" install for those who use this indicator.

Enjoy!
            Ben
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sbgtrading; 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Not Responding in Ninja V6.5

Hi Ben

I am having the same problem as you noted in the previous post in version 6.5. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what problem you are referring to. Please ensure you are on the latest version of NT6.5.0.9.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry...can't help you on that one...I haven't tested this indicator since posting it.

To clarify, are you running this indicator on NT V6 or V6.5?

Ben

Originally posted by kevinc View Post
                  Hi Ben

I am having the same problem as you noted in the previous post in version 6.5. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

I am running 6.5.09. The problem I am referring to is that when I try to run the indicator with the "P" option for price level calculation it brings Ninja 6.5.09 to a "Not Responding" state and I must reboot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                    Kevin

Comment

Kevin (and everyone who uses the SquareOf9)...please download the new and enhanced version of this indicator. Plenty of corrections and enhancements that will resolve many issues you might be experiencing.

The new file is found on Post #6 of this thread, "SquareOf9_V6.zip".

Ben

I am running 6.5.09. The problem I am referring to is that when I try to run the indicator with the "P" option for price level calculation it brings Ninja 6.5.09 to a "Not Responding" state and I must reboot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                      Kevin

Comment

Thanks Ben...you are the coolest! Working fine...now just have to figure out whether Gann was a genius or a nutcase.

Comment

Thanks Ben...you are the coolest! Working fine...now just have to figure out whether Gann was a genius or a nutcase.
                          You mean you haven't tried the Biblical numerology indicators ? There ought to be one called the 'Revelation' indicator, won't that be the holy grail .
                          Yet, my skeptic's nerve was and is struck by the Gann Square of Nine, his Square of 144, the Biblical numerology and his other esoteric. It is unclear whether anybody has consistently made money trading with his methodologies but more than a few people have made dollars upon dollars selling them.

Comment

LOL, I have been using Square of 9 and love it, Thank you!

I would love to have the revelation indicator too! lolol! I am sure will appear!

Originally posted by thrunner View Post
                            You mean you haven't tried the Biblical numerology indicators ? There ought to be one called the 'Revelation' indicator, won't that be the holy grail .

Comment

Pipqueen...you've been using this indicator and you love it? Be great to hear your approach and results.

Ben

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view