Indicator High/Low bar "open" line plot- need programmer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator High/Low bar "open" line plot- need programmer help

It seems so simple on paper, but although I did try to create this indicator I just cannot seem to get my mind around all the coding required - I really did make a real attempt to learn this -but its just not getting in (for now).

All I need to do is plot a line of the "Open" of a 5min bar (or any other time period) which is bar that is also the daily high or low of that day -intraday only. So it will plot only the open price with a line (with price # text on it) after it is determined that within the bars range it is the high or low of the day -obviously calculated on bars close. All prior bars that were once high or low of day-their "open "lines should then disappear as they lose new high/low status.

Now - as a filter - to plot a valid indicator line - for high of day bar - the close must be greater than open, and for low of day bar - the close must be less than open.

I am at the mercy of your help with this - I will be happy to take whatever anyone can begin to create and perhaps I can then learn to edit it and add and learn Ninjascript in the process.

UPDATE - I added this to the correct forum - Indicator development thread.

Thank you in advance. Rob
    Last edited by ea0680; 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM. Reason: posted to Indicator development thread

Originally posted by ea0680 View Post
    It seems so simple on paper, but although I did try to create this indicator I just cannot seem to get my mind around all the coding required - I really did make a real attempt to learn this -but its just not getting in (for now).

All I need to do is plot a line of the "Open" of a 5min bar (or any other time period) which is bar that is also the daily high or low of that day -intraday only. So it will plot only the open price with a line (with price # text on it) after it is determined that within the bars range it is the high or low of the day -obviously calculated on bars close. All prior bars that were once high or low of day-their "open "lines should then disappear as they lose new high/low status.

Now - as a filter - to plot a valid indicator line - for high of day bar - the close must be greater than open, and for low of day bar - the close must be less than open.

I am at the mercy of your help with this - I will be happy to take whatever anyone can begin to create and perhaps I can then learn to edit it and add and learn Ninjascript in the process.

UPDATE - I added this to the correct forum - Indicator development thread.

Thank you in advance. Rob
    Have a look at the indicator called "CurrentDayOHL"
    If you only want to track the Open, High & Low of the Day session - simply set your "Data Series" to the RTH (RegularTradingHours) setting
    To track OHL of the Globex Session chose Data Series ETH

Comment

Thanks, I have looked into that indicator before, but its not really what I was looking for. I have posted this over to the indicator develepment thread and koganam has been kind enough in helping me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey