Display date/time in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display date/time in Market Analyzer

I am using the market analyzer to check stocks that satisfy the conditions set by my custom indicators.

It seems to work well but some time I get results that I cannot easily understand based on the EOD charts data.

I suspect that for certain stocks in the matrix the data was not completely loaded so I would like to display the date/time of the [0] bar used by the indicator.

Can I add a column to the market analyzer to accomplish this for each of the stocks in the list?

Thanks

agosinv, which sessions and CalculateOnBarClose settings do you use in your MA setup?

The time of the last tick seen could be added as default column in the MA for review.

For the Time[0] it would be easiest to add a print to your indicator to debug further.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set Calculate on bar close to false. I am not sure what the session is.

I also added the TimeLastTick column but is shows my current computer time (e.g. 9:21:19 PM right now). What does this mean? It should be the time of market close, right?

I wanted to the Print statement in the Output window but I don't know how to "print" the instrument name together with the date. Is there a command that will show the stock symbol?

Thanks

Comment

agosinv, the session could be checked by right clicking in your MA and then going into the Properties.

The TimeLastTick would give you the time of the last tick update seen for your market based on the Level 1 data - which data provider are you using here?

You can use such a print statement below - showing the bars timestamp + the symbol.

Print(Time[0] + " " + Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name);
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. I added the suggested Print statement to my indicators and found that they are working correctly. The helped a lot.
          What I also discovered is that the MA is going over about 70 past days in teh calcualation. I have the "# bars to look back" set to 70 and the "Max bars look back" at the default 256.
          I found out that I need to keep the "# bars to look back" to 70 because I use a SMA with a 65 days period in some of the calculations.
          Is there a way to optimize the MA calculation and only calculate on the last day bar?
          I don't want to change the indicators because I also use them in my strategy backtesting.
          Also, is there a way that I can check the Time[0] against what I expect to be the last close (e.g. last day close at 4:00PM)? This would tell me of the data is using the right bar fopr the calculations
          Please let me know.
          Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses