Import File Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import File Error

I am importing Bill Williams Indicators in Ninja Trader.. I was able to import one of them. But when I tried to import the the other indicators I got the following error
    :
    “Import Failed. The Ninjascript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the input archive.”

Hello pipextract,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

This message can be seen when one or more files within the NinjaScript archive you are attempting to import is actually already installed on your PC.

An example of this would be if I had indicator package A with indicators 1 and 2 in a protected assembly (.dll file), I then import this file into NinjaTrader. I also have indicator package B which contains indicators 2 & 3 in a protected assembly, I also wish to import these and when I try I receive the message you detailed in this thread. This occurred because indicator 2 is located in both indicator package A (already imported into my installation) and indicator package B (which I was trying to import) and they are both protected assemblies (.dll files).

It is possible this is another item and not what I have detailed above. To be certain can you attach the .zip archive (NinjaScript archive) you are trying to import to an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 847926' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the e-mail?

Forum Thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=57909

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response