Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Range Marker predicting next range bar likely extremes needed for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Marker predicting next range bar likely extremes needed for NT8

Hi,

I'm looking for a predictive range indicator that will actively plot likely next range bar minimum and maximum (as price values) on the chart - for NinjaTrader8.
    I'd like for it to be able to choose colors for predicted maximum and minimum values and to plot it either on the right from current bar by default or having an option to choose which side it will plot (I don't want it to plot on the left from the current range bar).
    I am aware that something similar exists for NT7 (it's called JT Range Marker 7) but I couldn't find its version for NT8.
    Is there a substitute or the newer version for NT8?
    If not, what would the code look like for ninjascript? I have zero experience in writing code for ninja so I'm wondering what's the best way to go around getting such marker...

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello pecunianonolet,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums.

You can find this indicator for NT8 in the NT8 file sharing area of the forums, here is a link to the indicator to download: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...hp?&linkid=725

Here is a link to the NT8 indicators file sharing area: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=7
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello pecunianonolet,

You can find this indicator for NT8 in the NT8 file sharing area of the forums, here is a link to the indicator to download: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...hp?&linkid=725

Here is a link to the NT8 indicators file sharing area: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=7
      Paul, you do it again! Thanks a lot:-D

Comment

Is there any way that this can be made to work on other bar types such as the NinzaRenko bar type?

Comment

Hello otislauwaert,

Thanks for your post.

As the source code is provided with the indicator you are welcome to modify to meet your needs.

If you would like this created/modified for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers that provide that service.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
            Hello pecunianonolet,

Hey Paul, the above links do not work...
            Could you please provide the name of the indicator so I can search it up and download it myself.

Thanks in advance :3

Comment

Hello adii800,

Thanks for your post.

Under NinjaTrader 8 indicators it is listed as Range Marker indicator and will install as jtRangeMarker8.

Comment

I need help with the jtrangemarker indicator, it says it doesn't work with rangenogap candles setting. does not work with unirenko candles. is there any configuration to make it work?

Comment

Hello enzov93,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The NinjaTrader8 version of jtRangeMarker8 was a conversion of the NinjaTrader7 version of the original. As a conversion indicator, we don't necessarily understand the underlying logic to convert the indicator. I do know that the indicator will first check to see if the Bars are standard range type bars so I would not expect this to work on any other type of bar. Renko type bars are not range bars, these are completely different bar types so again I would not expect this indicator to work on any variation of Renko bars.

For Unirenko Bars specifically, there is another indicator you might want to consider:

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                  1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                  2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                  3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                  4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                  • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

ok, Paul thanks for answering. I understand that it works only with standard range candles. Isn't there a possible setting for this to work with no-gap range candles?

Comment

Hello enzov93,

Thanks for your reply.

The indicator is provided with its source code so you are welcome to modify it as you see fit.

If you would like something created for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers that can meet your needs in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Comment

Thank you so much. Yes, I would be interested in contacting those programmers

Comment

Hi Paul. A few people have recommended I check out this indicator, but I'm sort of new to range bars. I haven't been able to find any videos on how to use this or exactly how it help, I'm sure it does, but as someone newer to this, how does this work? In other words, what is it supposed to do and how can it help traders? Just trying to figure out exactly how to utilize it or use it? I got it installed and I see it marks out the range and it adjust, but how does that help traders to make more funds or provide better decisions. I hope I'm making sense. Thank you!

Comment

Hello novaflash82,

The item linked in this post is just a suggestion based on the criteria from the original post, our support cannot provide actual trading advice or suggestions on how to trade.Using range bars or custom indicators would be completely up to you and your trading goals, if you are unsure on which bars type or indicators to use you can look at trading specific forums or websites to gain knowledge on different trading strategies. You can also ask the community for assistant, I am just replying because new forum posts require attention from our staff.

The linked file in question you can review the source code to see how it works specifically and then justify if that works toward your individual goals.

If other community members have more specific recommendations they will also post here after this reply.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post z.franck  
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes