Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Orders error with mutilple time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders error with mutilple time frame

Hi,
    I am developing a strategy on 5 min chart with 1440 min like second time frame that is simple breakout of yesterday high/low...
    without second series it works fine, but when I add 1440 min it try to place orders not only yesterday high/low, but also High/low of 2 days ago, 3 days ago, ecc...
    can you help me?

thank you

Hello kantkant2,

Thanks for your post.

As you are adding a data series you are creating a multi-time frame script. There are a number of Multi-time frame considerations that will affect the script performance which are identified in this recommended reading section of the helpguide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

With reference to the linked helpguide section, are you isolating your code by the BarsInProgress? The 1440 minute bar will also call the OnBarUpdate() method and when it does all references will switch to that data series and this may (or may not) be the issue.

Edit: Removed NT8 helpguide link and replaced with NT7 helpguide link.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I Have isolated with BarsInProgress == 0 and also barsInProgress == 1 return...
      aftyer that no more orders are stored, but strategy doesn't work at all....

Comment

Hello kantkant2,

Thanks for your post.

If you have both BarsInProgress 0 and 1 returning then no code below that would execute.

Please post your code file as an attachment (attach the source code file with the name of the strategy .CS file found in Documents>NinjaTrader7>bin>Custom>Strategy>

Alternatively, please feel free to write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com and send in your .CS file. Mark the e-mail Atten:Paul and include a link to this thread.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes