Problems with custom Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with custom Chart

I am using NinjaTrader 8 with the latest update, and IQFeed for quotes.

Over the last few days I have been testing NT8 to get my day trading system up and running again after being away from it for the last year.

So far everything is working fine except when I use certain symbols like ^TICK and make a custom template, which is giving me two separate issues.

Issue 1. I made a custom chart for symbol ^TICK with several drawn lines for sound alerts and saved it as a template. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning when I booted up NT8 the chart is dead no updating whatsoever. When I load a new chart with symbol TICK the chart updates fine which leads to issue 2.

Issue 2. Even though I saved the TICK chart as a template, when I load a new chart and use the template all the indicators are saved, but my custom lines and alerts are gone, why?? It is very frustrating and time consuming to have to keep rebuilding this chart all the time which I rely on to trade the eMinis.

Hello,

Is someone going to help me with this issue???
    Last edited by gapsmeister; 02-14-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hello gapsmeister,

Thanks for your inquiry. While we try to handle forum inquiries with the same speed as emails, we do make the habit to reach out and let you know your message was received when communicating through email. Our platform support email can be reached at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Chart Templates will save chart properties, chart panel properties, and indicator settings. This would not include Draw Objects placed on the Chart. These would be saved with your workspace.

If there is an issue loading a chart that is part of a workspace, but the issue is no longer evident after loading that chart anew, I may suspect an issue with the workspace. If you remove the old chart and then save a new workspace, I would expect the chart to come up the next time you open the workspace.

Corruption issues with workspaces and templates can occur if NinjaTrader is abruptly shut down, and can also occur on hard disk drives that are approaching failure.

I've included links for using Chart Templates and workspaces for reference.

Working with Chart Templates - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AChartTemplate

Workspaces - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I understand about abrupt shutdowns and take care to save and exit NT when I make complicated updates to the workspace.

The main concern has not been addressed. the custom chart I made is coming up fine when I load the Workspace, but the chart is dead it is not updating at all? Yesterday I shut down and started up multiple times and the chart worked fine. When I exited NT for the last time yesterday it exited normally.

So again what I'm trying to find out is why the chart is not updating? Everything else in the workspace is running fine.

Comment

Hello gapsmeister,

It is possible to have an issue with a workspace where one or several charts do not come up properly and then the chart does not update.

Could you confirm that creating the ^TICK chart anew updates as normal? If this is the case saving a new workspace with the working chart should resolve the matter.

If that is not the case, do you see any errors in the log tab of the Control Center?

I'm happy to be of any additional help.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I made a new workspace and made a new chart with symbol TICK, but this time I did not save a a template, chart updates fine so far.

I shutdown and restarted NT several times, so far everything seems to work properly. If the chart stops updating I will post again.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes