Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to convert NT7 indicator to NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert NT7 indicator to NT8?

I have an indicator right now that works on NT7 but not on NT8. Does anyone where I can find out how to convert it?

There are only about 13 errors and they all say "The type or namespace name could not be found/does not exist" for IDataSeries, Font, Design, Drawing2D, IndicatorBase, ColumnBase, etc.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!
    Last edited by HinduMVP; 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM.

Hello HinduMVP,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

What we suggest is that you first use the NinjaTrader8 indicator wizard to create the correct framework for the indicator. When using the wizard you will want to have the NT7 indicators plots and public properties in sight so that you can have the wizard recreate those for you. Reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...?ns_wizard.htm

Once the frame work is created you can then copy the code from the OnBarUpdate() in NT7 to NT8. Then go through the code line by line and convert to the NT8 properties and methods by referring to the code breaking changes here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm We recommend giving that link a good read as it discusses what has changed so that you can be prepared for the conversion.

Alternatively, you might wish to employ a 3rd party coder to create the indicator for you. If this is of interest please let us know and we can provide references.

edit: Added link to Ninjascript wizard
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 06-28-2017, 06:39 AM.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am looking at an indicator known as PPT Systems from Trade Empowered (TE). According to TE, it works only with NT7.

-Does this mean that if I try to install it on NT8, it won't work and if so, I need to download NT7 instead of NT8.
      -If I download NT7 and purchase the lifetime licence / lease, do I have to re-purchase again when I upgrade it to NT8 or later versions?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Yuhikaru,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Correct, ninjascript created for NT7 will not work in NT8 (and vice-versa).

You may want to review this FAQ link for further information on NT7 to NT8: http://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-8...FAQ_GetStarted

If you purchase your license now for NT7 you will be able to use NT8 at any time. Please note I am refering to NinjaTrader only, you would need to check with any 3rd party vendor whose products you use to see if there are costs for their products to go from NT7 to NT8.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes