Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Other Charts not updating after ForceRefresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Charts not updating after ForceRefresh

I have an indicator which i'm using as a sort of market replay in NT8. I've made a replay feature which also updates the chart it's attached using the following command in a custom class where

Code:
    class blah{

Indicator ind;

public void refreshMeAlot(){
    ind.ForceRefresh();
    }

}
    If I comment the ForceRefresh line and click on the chart, I am able to 'refresh' the chart manually and all the rest of my charts on other workspaces for ES keep updating, but if I try to programatically refresh the chart with this indicator, the rest of my charts on other workspaces stop updating with live data. I have to shutdown ninjatrader and restart to get it to work again. Is there something I am missing here?

It almost seems like ninja still receives live data, but it isn't able to plot the new data or something.

Thank you for your report habibalex. I am preparing a test case where an indicator calls ForceRefresh every microsecond. I will return to this thread when I have more information.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was able to run the attached indicator without seeing quite the same thing you were seeing on my end. Could I ask if you could try this on your end? If this does not cause the same behavior on your end, could you modify the indicator I am sending so it does? Thank you once more for your report.
      Attached Files

Comment

I modified your file to be more like how I am using it. I'm not seeing any issues now, but it did crash ninja a bit earlier when I tried it. I'll have to test again when the market re-opens.

edit:nevermind just crashed ninja again.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by habibalex; 03-29-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Did you get a chance to run my version of the indicator you sent?

Comment

It seems something specific to your system is occurring. Have you used your system for a significant period of time without this indicator being loaded? If you have, and have not observed this behavior when this indicator is not loaded, please e-mail platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1682979 so that we may look into the differences between your system and our test environment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses