Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SMA Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMA Alerts

I have a couple of indicators nicbizz wrote for me awhile ago and SMA Alert and a EMA alert, I noticed that they don't plot the same as a regular SMA or EMA,they are off set by a bit and they also don't plot as far back on the chart?
    I will post the cs files can someone take a look at them and see if you can figure out what is wrong?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello geotabs,

Thanks for opening the thread.

The indicator is plotting an EMA with a barsAgo reference of 1 so it will not be as up to date if it were to plot an EMA with a barsAgo reference of 0. This is the offset you see. Just by glancing at the code, I do not see where plots would be limited aside from the normal checks to make sure there are enough bars available to create the plot.

I would suggest reaching out to nicbizz for support with these indicators and for any modifications you would like to request.

We can also have a member of our Sales Support team reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to modify these scripts for you.

If that is the case, please let me know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim
      I'm not familiar with code, I took a look at it but I don't see bar ago in code anywhere on the SMA or EMA what line is it on if you don't mind me asking
      Also when I plot a regular SMA or EMA on the same chart as with the SMAAlerts the regular SMA and EMA plot further back

Thanks

Comment

Hello geotabs,

The plot value is set at line 73 with Value.Set(ema[1]);

Keep in mind, this is not an indicator that we have created and we are not the experts on its function. We would not be able to provide support for modifying it.

If you would like to modify this indicator yourself, I may suggest reviewing the help guide documentation for the introductory programming concepts as well as the tutorials for creating indicators. Once you have gone over these materials, I would then recommend making modifications to the indicator.

I'll include links to these resources as well as documentation that can introduce you to price data and BarsAgo references.

Programming Concepts - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_concepts.htm

Indicator tutorials - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ndicators2.htm

Working with Price Data - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rice_data2.htm

Other NinjaScript items can be searched for in the help guide or with a Google search and the right keywords.

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
        1 response
        0 likes