Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

News Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News Indicator

Hey all, I am looking for a news indicator for Ninja. I'd like to see upcoming news announcements on my charts. I found this old thread, but the website doesn't offer the download. I current use the FF calendar, but would like a more automated way to display news on my charts. Does anyone know of software that can do this? Thanks.

Hello vizzard77,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

The indicator that was mentioned on that thread I believe you can download in our FileSharing section at the follow links.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=1&linkid=234

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=1&linkid=279

With that said, it looks like he is no longer supporting so it may not work as intended.

You can use the News window built into NinjaTrader by going to File -> New -> News.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of an existing indicator that does this, however it would be technically possible with custom programming.

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

* Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You're better off downloading the free news indicator at Day Trade to Win. It does exactly what you want - shows news events on your chart before they occur. You can configure the setting to show US only or all (worldwide news events). Make sure you have live data with it though because the news events may not plot otherwise. I use it all the time.

Comment

I find this to be the best news indicator.

Get your very own domain easily. Fast and professional customer service.

Comment

unless I'm doing something incorrectly, FXNA requires MT4 to be installed to function at all i.e. can't use it only as a News indicator even if you're not interested in Forex or MT4. This isn't apparent from the Setup video. If I could use it as a news indicator only, it looks good. But as I don't want to use and therefore install MT4, and am not interested in the FX charts & functionality etc I don't want to have to install MT4. Shame, looks good otherwise.
          DTTW Website frequently blocks my IP address.
          jtEconNews messes up my indicators (takes an age to open Indicators even if jtEconNews is simply in my installed Indicators list
          Last edited by brucerobinson; 05-15-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I know this one (and have posted updated code there):

Hello Popsicle - I'm not a programmer at all but I did come across a bug fix in the jtEconNewsV2 for NT7 that related to date/time parsing in a non-"en-US" culture. Being in Australia, I was wondering if there is an issue with the date/time format ? In the jtEconNews code there are references that make me think that might be the case. // Must specify the culture that should be used to parse the ForexFactory date/time data. private CultureInfo ffDateTimeCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-US"); I …

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80