Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

my limit orders immediately filled at market .?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my limit orders immediately filled at market .?

Hello

I've been watching the videos, but it appears I am missing something as I am stuck at placing limit orders properly. Each one I place gets filled immediately at market. Can you help? Is there a setting i am missing here?

Thank you!

Originally posted by mini_me View Post
    Hello

I've been watching the videos, but it appears I am missing something as I am stuck at placing limit orders properly. Each one I place gets filled immediately at market. Can you help? Is there a setting i am missing here?

Thank you!

Hello mini_me,

Thank you for your post.

When submitting a limit order are you placing the order above the current market price? If you are attempting to submit a order above the current market price you will need to use a Stop Order as apposed to a Limit Order.

To submit a Stop Limit Order this will be done using the Middle Mouse Button (scroll wheel) and for a Stop Market Order you will want to use Ctrl+Middle Mouse Button.

I have included a link below that goes over submitting orders within the SuperDOM.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

Thank you for the reply .. i was getting confused with the "middle scroll button" semantics .. i figured it out ... i think.
      It will take some getting used to. I am coming from using the Transact platform so it is a matter of reprogramming my fingers

Cheers
      mini

Comment

Is there a way for me to set my left click as the one placing Stop Limit Orders?.. this middle scroll button is a clunky way to go... I click the middle scroll then have to left click another button (check mark) to finalize the order.
        Am I missing something again?.. Sorry for all the questions, just getting used to this platform. I also do not want my left click to always be executing market orders .. any way to stop that?

Thx again!

Comment

Hi mini_me,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) Unfortunately, there is no way to remap the mouse buttons in NinjaTrader.

2.) You can set a default offset amount in the properties menu. The property is listed as "Stop Limit Offset".
          For more information about the properties available in the SuperDOM, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...roperties.html

3.) Left clicking in the DOM places a limit order. If you're placing a limit order on the buy side above the current market price (or on the sell side below the market price), this is expected behavior. Your limit order is telling NinjaTrader to buy/sell at this price or better. Because the market price is 'better', the order is executed as a marketable limit order.

It sounds like the order type you would be looking to use is a stop limit or stop market order.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do I have a middle mouse button?

I have a fairly high end logitech mouse that is programmable, but it does not have a middle mouse button. It has a scroll wheel, but when I press it I do not get a click. In the programable part of the mouse UI, it does not offer a middle programmable action.

In reviewing the forumn it seems like you can not place stop orders on the staticDOM with out the middle mouse buttons. It appears that your program does not allow changing this.

Is the only answer to buy a new mouse?
            Is there a model that you can confirm works with your software?

Thanks
            Cryptorchid

Comment

Hello,

You may want to go into your windows mouse options and see if you can allow for a left+right click (click both right and left buttons) to functionally give you a middle mouse click. My laptop allows for this option in Windows.

Otherwise you can buy a good quality wireless usb mouse for about $15. Any one of them with a clickable scroll wheel is recommended.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes