Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Calling a Tick Replay indicator from another Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling a Tick Replay indicator from another Indicator

Hello, before reporting and to facilitate testing and context of the above

I have written an indicator which call another indicator that uses the tick replay features.
    It is based on an indicator i have had running for at least 6 months.

N8 just crashed in trying to test this no information in the log or trace. Great !

Beyond the very limited information in the help section is there a sample of this that you can share that demonstrates this having been tested that i can look at.

Then i can proceed with my testing and if i need to report back issues.

Given the apparent issues still with tick replay (those that are not being discussed in the forum ie with state historical and realtime and onrender) and loading up chart on connecting it would be good to know that this feature has been adequately tested but help section needs some more information or guidelines.

thanks

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your post.

The Help Guide article at the following link provides an example that works without issue: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ick_replay.htm

Please provide the code used that resulted in your system crashing.

You can export your indicator by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your indicator > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save.

The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. Please attach the file to your response.

If you prefer, send the file over to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello, as i stated below i am not ready to export or send in my indicator until i am satisfied i have tested it and can reproduce issues. The link you show above i already reviewed this as i shared in my post below. This is not a full working example? Im sorry i have to say this but i do wonder if you guys read the posts before your respond. Can you provide a more complete example - this is not even an example in the help its a snapshot of some code. Is this what was used internally to test this feature? Something a bit more complete and thorough is needed like the samples for onmarketdata and onmarketdepth are required.
      thank you

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

Keeping in mind we do not create samples upon request, I understand you really want a working example provided upon your request so attached is the code from the Help Guide in an indicator that has been tested and confirmed to be working with Tick Replay.

Please let me know if you are able to create the example on your own and if either your own version or mine cause the crash on your system.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, thanks for reply but this is just an empty container and additionally and unrealistically both are set to onbarclose -- for tick replay and involving capturing bid ask data in onmarketdata you would not have this set to onbarclose. So sorry to say this is an overly simplistic unrealistic example.

I followed the short guidelines in the help with the reference set in Configure and all compiles fine so will continue with that - or put on hold pending next release and stability.

I guess its back to doing my own testing - unfortunately as seems to be the case with N8 release let the users do the heavy lifting and testing and if an issue ensues they must be able to reproduce before can be reported even if the errors can be random. Great exercise in delegation.
          As is apparent from this forum and other issues i have encountered certain features in N8 have not been thoroughly tested before being released. My point is/was tick replay is a new feature and issues still ongoing in other threads ... this is another feature which has been simplisticly represented in the help. Onmarketdepth and onmarketdata have more adequate coverage with samples which is all i was asking for - i dont expect support to provide samples on request.

Sorry to say but whilst frustrated i am persevering myself with testing and having to cross reference other posts to determine related issues - this is something that is very weak in ninja support and i have already reported this. You need to be receptive to the feedback from the community.

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thank you for your response.

Can you provide some specific details on an example you would like to see? Is there something specific you are performing in your script that you would like to see how to handle?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello, I probably at this point i should try out a few of my ideas in testing this and in case it crashes N8 will leave this til later in the day. My original question was in case i was missing some pertinant details and that doesnt seem to be the case. I have developed material using some of the more advanced features in N8 for quite some time and those are working mostly well and stability improves on each release where we the users dont get to know all the details of what is fixed under the hood - that is just how it is It seems i am approaching this with the reference from Configure and my testing and print statements indicate this. The underlying tick replay based indicator returns some Series to the calling indicator - what is concerning me is the content of each value in the series as the core code is the same used in another working indicator. So i need to test a few things out here before i can report back - again i was just wanting to ensure i wasn't trying to stretch the intended use of this feature which i do not believe i am. I will follow up in due course.
              thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
              0 responses