Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost position

Hi,

I'm with IB TWS and I have a problem with already closed positions. Sometimes a position is opened and something fails in the strategy (i.e. an overfill, rejected order, etc). In this cases NT disables the strategy and in TWS I can see that the position is not there any more but it still appears on the Positions tab in NT. Even restarting NT the position still appears.

Once I tried to close the position from NT but it doesn't work. Still there. HOw can I make them disappear?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.

Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
    • To repair your database please go to Tools -> Options -> Data -> and click Repair DB.

If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.

If the order was submitted to the sim101 account please reset the sim101 account.
    • To reset the sim101 account please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset
    Click here for more information on the Sim101 account

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I do this, Will I erase all trading historical data? It's possible to eliminate this unexisting positions without deleting the good data?

Comment

Your historical chart data will remain. If the stuck orders reside within the Sim101 account you will need to reset the simulator which will delete all Sim101 execution but willl not delete historical chart data.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 09-15-2011, 07:26 AM.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses