Assigning port numbers for three or more IB TWS instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigning port numbers for three or more IB TWS instances

Hi. I'm planning to run three concurrent TWS sessions with NT, and I would like to know if there are particular socket port values that should or should not be used. The multiple account instructions on the NT website state that the second TWS should (can) use port 4000. I set up my third TWS with port 4001. Is there a better choice, or is it just arbitrary?

Also, is there a way to resize the SuperDOM windows to increase the row height or column width (apart from increasing the font size, which doesn't seem to increase anything else in the window)?

Thank you.

Regards,

William

imported post

Hi,

Thank you for your note.

For your third TWS you need to have a different Socket Port number than the 2 you already have. So 4001 would be a good choice.

About resizing the DOM that can only be done by increasing the number of prize rows. Right click in the DOM--> Properties--> Number of Price Rows.

There is no way to narrow the DOM.

What also can be done is collapse the DOM by pressing the '<' button in the DOM. This will collapse the SuperDOM.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have a follow-up question. Icreated an account group that consists three separate IB accounts (runningthrough the three separate TWS instances), and an order placed to the group through the DOM is submitted correctly; however, when I cancel an order in the DOM by clicking the X on the price line, it only cancels the order in one of the three TWS accounts. There is no longer a working order showing in the DOM, but the remaining two working orders are present in the NT control center (and in the TWS windows, of course). If I submit and cancel orders through the DOM in just a single account (rather than to the account group), each one of the TWS instances performs correctly. If I right click in the DOM and select Cancel All Orders or cancel all orders through the control center, then all orders are canceled correctly

Ideally, I would like the associated orders in all three accounts to cancel when I click the X in the DOM (just as they were all submitted simultaneously). Is NT working as intended, am I doing something incorrectly, or is this a bug?

I'm running Windows XP SP-2, Microsoft .NET 2.0 (all up-to-date), MS Jet Database Engine 4.0.8618.0,TWS 861.5, SunJRE build 1.5.0_09-b03, and NT Standard Edition 5.2.1000.4. According to the Microsoft MDAC installer program, the MDAC components are built-in to XP and no further update is necessary.

Thank you.

Comment

imported post

Accounts groups only replicate the initial order. Oncesubmitted each order must be managed individually.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks again. Since I have your ear, here's one last question (I apologize that it's outside of this forum's topic). I do not have auto center selected in my DOM windows, but it is auto centering (actually, it appears to be centering the entire block of displayed bid and offer prices, rather than the last price -- so it jumps around quite a bit). I would likethe range of prices displayed (i.e., the center price column) to be static until I scroll it to a new range or press the center button. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Comment

imported post

You are using the Dynamic DOM. Are you a non subscriber and using the Sim license?

If so, you need to select the Static SuperDOM. You can find it under File--> New--> Static SuperDOM Window.

If you are a subscriber the Static DOM is disabled by default. We have to enable it for you. Let me know if we need to enable this DOM for you. Send a note to [email protected] and put in the subject header 'For Vince' and I will enable it for you and also give you some additional information about the differences of both DOM's.

Vince
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

It sounds likethe static DOM is what I'm looking for, I am a NT for IB subscriber. I just sent you the e-mail as directed.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aussugardefender  
              Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes